Club Event: VR6OC @ GTI Festival - 09/10/2016

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

you can say that again it was so FUN loved it. was a pleasure to meet Pete and all of you at the club stand I had an amazing time and yeah Josh our drag races were awesome!! hopefully we get to do thi

What a brilliant day! Was good to catch-up with old faces and new members I spent most of the day on the drag strip and was happy with my 14.0 @ 104mph. Still lots of practice needed improving my

Looking forward to this, never been up the strip before

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hope everyone's prep work is going well!

My car is now running again. Just waiting for some exhaust bits to arrive for mine and will be ready for GTI festival!

I see we have lots of new members recently and you are more than welcome to come join us!

Come on guys let's get this last event of the year buzzing!

2 hours ago, Farhad said:

Hi, so no registration needed? just turn up at Santa pod this sunday for 9am and pay £15 at the door? defo bringing my VR there!

If you want to come, I'll add you to the list and just turn up on the day and pay £15 entry and everyone is a winner.

RWYB is £25 - you will need to bring driving license for that mind.

12 minutes ago, Farhad said:

so the gates open at 9am but we don't all have to crash in at 9am sharp? I know some places allow a certain time to enter, when does the event finish? hope its ok for me to bring a friend as a passenger who will be paying for entry fee ofcourse.

The gates open earlier, but usually I aim to arrive around 9am, would say to aim to arrive before 10am if possible but no hard and fast rule on when you arrive and leave.

Yes bringing friends is cool - more the merrier :) 

2 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

The gates open earlier, but usually I aim to arrive around 9am, would say to aim to arrive before 10am if possible but no hard and fast rule on when you arrive and leave.

Yes bringing friends is cool - more the merrier :) 

ahh great that's wikid thanks again! cant wait too see everyones cars there aching to see your red corrado vr6 supercharger! its gonna be around 14 degrees so kinda chilly but abit of sun too and most importantly DRY! (runs to Halfords buys back to black spray for grey trim on spoiler and front splitter) lol 

4 minutes ago, Farhad said:

ahh great that's wikid thanks again! cant wait too see everyones cars there aching to see your red corrado vr6 supercharger! its gonna be around 14 degrees so kinda chilly but abit of sun too and most importantly DRY! (runs to Halfords buys back to black spray for grey trim on spoiler and front splitter) lol 

Close but no cigar - Its black :) Yes cool and dry is good for some strip action - hope the wind levels are low. so bring some extra layers :)

What a brilliant day! Was good to catch-up with old faces and new members :)

I spent most of the day on the drag strip and was happy with my 14.0 @ 104mph.

Still lots of practice needed improving my launches

IMG_1476048091.310327.thumb.jpg.7468f1de

Many thanks to everyone for supporting the club we had around 13 cars so really good day!

If you run on the strip then post your times here too:)

IMG_1476048245.720955.thumb.jpg.70e6024f

Awesome day guys, I too spent most of my time on the strip.

Gotta get that start perfect!!! Then gotta get that gear change perfect!! :wacko:

I know i'll be stripping next year!

Good laugh though, I really enjoyed racing against @Farhad for the day. I hope our rivalry (and the cars) are still there for next year!

Edited by mistline