Newish from Worcester

Hi. I've lurked for ages. Probably popped up occasionally when I had my mk2 vr. But now have a new toy. I love it! The mk2 was aw some but this is just a bit more refined, seats I actually fit in, suspension that's firm but not crashing, no cabin that stinks of petrol due to deleted pcv. I could go on. But here's a pic of the new beast instead.

image.jpeg

Hi,

yes there are plans! Mainly sort some of the tatty bits of bodywork out, find and fix the oil leak,mix the broken haldex controller(currently isolated via a switch on the dash so running fwd!) retrim the headliner, probably some different wheels at a later date, I love the manhattans but man they're heavy! Black projector headlights. Debadge the front and rear. Mk5 sump so I can lower it a little more. The R32 running gear bits. Probably a remap to squeeze some better cross range power out of him. Airide one day when I can afford it. There's probably more!

Edited by Newdubsciple

Oh yes, private plate coming in Nov, watch this space! I've been through a lot of cars in the last few years. Mainly because I really wanted a grey 3 door non sunroof 4motion. I just couldn't ever find one and if I did they were miles and miles away,massive mileage or just knackered. Then I bought a lovely black 1.8t and shortly after I'd spent a fair bit on wheels and coilovers this came up for sale very local! It's been mechanically well looked after but does appear to had been driven through a bush! Looks a lot better in photos than it actually is. It has a small crease in both rear quarters and both jacking rails are buckled which I want to fix as they look shit and have started to rust. But I love it, especially since I had the back box deleted!

• 3 weeks later...

Looks nice mate.. You say you've got R32 running gear, so I'm guessing you've changed out steering rack, cast arms, changed the hubs & ARB's?
I've done all that to my 5 door, also got adjustable rear tie bars & she's polly bushed right round. Got vibra-technics engine mounts and for a while now it's been sat on AP coilovers which I want to change out at some point for Koni SRT, for a little more comfort on my 44 year old ass lol.. I've done a tone of other stuff including having had the motor & box out for some new components & a bit of a bay clean up...
Anyway hers my old girl which I've owned for nearly 9 years now..IMG_1473841243.819178.jpg.b9eefa8ee956cc