• 2 weeks later...

What do you mean "better VR6's"?

I take it that it is a mk4 based 12V? Like the ones we didn't get here? If so, then it uses ME7.1. ecu so is better than older Motronic M based ones as it is more advanced, probably more tuning info on the net too.

As a vague reply.........ALL VR6's are worth boosting! B)

Personal taste is personal taste though!

Edited by RBPE

As we didn't get the mk4 12V in the UK then I don't know the differences between the models/ecu's but at a guess I would assume they are similar to the early 24v's with inlet only VVT. As such, you may be able to use a 24v early engine without major ecu mods but the later models have dual vvt.

In the US the dual VVT engine is the BDF and apart from the obvious differences with displacement etc, the ecu's and set up's of the engine are very similar to the R32 mk4's. So an early inlet only one might work with your ecu but you'd need to make some changes with a newer dual vvt one as a very rough guess from someone in a different market!

In short, just boost the engine you've got, all 12v/24v will provide massive power if your wallet is deep enough, save money on changing engine etc and use it on turbo/engine strengthening!

• 8 months later...