• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just bought myself another Golf. Dragon Green 5dr 1 previous owner 106,000 Climatronic She's in ok condition but does require some TLC before I start the modifying process. Cheers Jamie

Damn I know the feeling of the gurgle on the turn of the key. Ever since I fitted Samco's on mine. Sounds like the waves hitting the rocks in a fookin sea storm. Any way looks like a nice one pal.

Welcome back pal. The vr's are just one big addiction. Lol

Posted Images

Just had it up to my mates to put on his ramp & it's not too bad..... For a mk3
Over the winter we're going to do both sills, both rear arches, the lower back panel behind the bumper, both front wings.... They're the bits I can't do.
I've got this little list,
Bushes all round (not necessary now but will be for my turbo plans)
Brake hard lines to the rear (I hate going near the abs pump/controller )
Stainless brake hoses all round & new discs/pads.
Not too bad.... Wish I'd have been able to get under it before I bought it now as I'd have knocked a bit more off the price

Oh and moved the thread across to members rides section!  Seems it could evolve into a diary this one!  Keep up the good work.  I am partial to a dragon green VR with cream leather.....

Cheers Dave

A dettol wipe them some cheap leather wipes is all I used on them

The leather has seen better days & as I'm not a great fan of leather it will be getting replaced with black cloth.... Complete with black everything else, probably a mk3.5 dash while I'm at it.

Hopefully taking the headliner & the rest of the trim out this week so I can try to get rid of the awful smell.

Then it's saving for parts & the restoration can begin.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a couple of hours tonight so decided to take the scuttle panel off as the one on it is brittle & rotten, I have one to replace it that's in vgc but on taking the old one off I found this
IMG_1473100661.554740.jpg
IMG_1473100673.239244.jpg

It was full of leaves, muck & general shite, needs a new pollen filter too so ordered one.

Hoovered it all out & gave it a quick wipe down
IMG_1473100750.248598.jpg
IMG_1473100760.941499.jpg
IMG_1473100770.817620.jpg
IMG_1473100789.920707.jpg
IMG_1473100806.916919.jpg

Still love the look of these from the back.... Harvey wasn't too impressed though

IMG_1473100853.046870.jpg

Thanks Pete,
I've loads of plans but this year will mainly be getting the black interior in, getting the coilovers fitted, finding some S3 Avus wheels, changing the header tank & a couple of hoses to try get shut if the annoying gurgle I can sometimes hear, then using her till November.
I'm taking her off the road then for MOT prep & welding (will see how much )

Eventually she will get resprayed & a big arse turbo will take up residence under the bonnet

Thanks Pete,
I've loads of plans but this year will mainly be getting the black interior in, getting the coilovers fitted, finding some S3 Avus wheels, changing the header tank & a couple of hoses to try get shut if the annoying gurgle I can sometimes hear, then using her till November.
I'm taking her off the road then for MOT prep & welding (will see how much )

Eventually she will get resprayed & a big arse turbo will take up residence under the bonnet

Damn I know the feeling of the gurgle on the turn of the key. Ever since I fitted Samco's on mine. Sounds like the waves hitting the rocks in a fookin sea storm.

Any way looks like a nice one pal.