Oh no...how bad really?

Iv just bought this highline last weekend and he said the sills needed attention in the near future but fk me! How bad is this really? And the big hole that looks like its going further underneath the car! Along with some other few problems aswel! For you bodyshop experts out there let me know if you can help if you are located in the manchester area to do the work..to say im pissed off is an understatment, guy had been on the rado forum for a while aswel so i thought it would be a solid (ish) car!

20160712_183613_zpsvgrsy7yx.jpg

Just ordered 2 new sills from oeandmore. Id say the sills need replacing about a 3rd of the way up from the front on both sides, is it worth cutting the whole lot out and replacing it all? Or just the section thats fcuked? Also just ordered some coilovers and polybusshed top mounts as i have a snapped coilspring and its knocking like mad! So thought id change the top mounts aswel

Where about is the hole? front or rear of the car? It probably has been jacked up incorrectly if front of the car in a previous life, most ars of the age they are now will have similar problems, some not so bad some much worse.

It doesn't look terminal but obviously needs to be fixed but until you start to poke around you wont know what you are faced with :) 

12 hours ago, ASHP89 said:

Iv just bought this highline last weekend and he said the sills needed attention in the near future but fk me! How bad is this really? And the big hole that looks like its going further underneath the car! Along with some other few problems aswel! For you bodyshop experts out there let me know if you can help if you are located in the manchester area to do the work..to say im pissed off is an understatment, guy had been on the rado forum for a while aswel so i thought it would be a solid (ish) car!

20160712_183613_zpsvgrsy7yx.jpg

Not a body shop man myself, but if you Google www.solowe.co.uk he'll be able to do all that is required and is very good at what he does. He mainly does body work on old Rollers and Bentleys. All pictures are on his website of his work, he's even done the sills etc and a full respray on a Mulberry VR6, again pictures on his web page. He's down in Ramsbottom just out off Bury, so all dependant on just whereabouts you are in Manchester..? Its not that far.. Hope it helps.:rolleyes:  

Il get the carpet up later and have a look, iv ordered new patternd sills and im calling back to a recommended body on moday when they arive for a price. Hopefully its not too much. The inner wings look fine but they arnt genuine ones as the inside of the wing isnt painted, so il do that myself as it doesnt need to be a mint job as you can see it but it will be a decent job, the wing isnt aligned proper aswel as the gap is way to small were the door is slighly catching it when opened and is causing paint to come away...il get there in the end!

11 hours ago, ASHP89 said:

Il get the carpet up later and have a look, iv ordered new patternd sills and im calling back to a recommended body on moday when they arive for a price. Hopefully its not too much. The inner wings look fine but they arnt genuine ones as the inside of the wing isnt painted, so il do that myself as it doesnt need to be a mint job as you can see it but it will be a decent job, the wing isnt aligned proper aswel as the gap is way to small were the door is slighly catching it when opened and is causing paint to come away...il get there in the end!

Just give them a light coat of paint pal and blast a tin of dinitrol cavity wax behind them when there on. ive emptied 4 large tins in every opening i can find. It sets hard when dry.

You can get it cheap enough on ebay, Its good stuff. 

Not a body shop man myself, but if you Google www.solowe.co.uk he'll be able to do all that is required and is very good at what he does. He mainly does body work on old Rollers and Bentleys. All pictures are on his website of his work, he's even done the sills etc and a full respray on a Mulberry VR6, again pictures on his web page. He's down in Ramsbottom just out off Bury, so all dependant on just whereabouts you are in Manchester..? Its not that far.. Hope it helps.:rolleyes:  

Just had a look through his pictures mate. Im going to give him a ring tomorrow and see if i can pop down, if he can do it cheaper than £300 a side then happy damsels i hate getting all the sh#tty work done before i can get some nice stuff!
7 minutes ago, ASHP89 said:

Just had a look through his pictures mate. Im going to give him a ring tomorrow and see if i can pop down, if he can do it cheaper than £300 a side then happy damselsemoji106.png i hate getting all the sh#tty work done before i can get some nice stuff! emoji17.png

Ha, so do I. That's why I tried to get all the good stuff done first, but not its soon time for the not so good stuff to be done... But it all has to be done at some point I suppose.:wacko:

When you speak to him tell him Mark with the VR6 from ANH Windows told you to ring, he'll know who you mean..  :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

Hi peeps, how did it go?? I am a body man and to me that would of been a way bigger hole by the time he had prepped the are for the new metalbum to go in. The only way to KILL rust is to, either cut it out an inch further back from the rust;or get it acid dipped/media blasted. Rust is a cancer of the metal.

The metal that is replaced should be a part of a new panel or sheet that has been elecroplated; not a sheet of bare tin!!!

This is because the sheet metal has been standing in a cold work shop exposed to the atmosphere. So your basically putting an infected part back in for it to breed..But this is probably me being anal ??.oh and  Then Wax oil the s!@# out of it. Also zinc acid primer on the joins before welding as this helps to expel the oxygen from the weld too lower the risk of metal oxidation caused by the heat.

Edited by Schrick AAA
Forgot to add something