27 minutes ago, Christaxi said:

Hi new to club got problem oil coming out of oil switch 1996 vr black oil switch went to local motor factors gave reg no they gave me new switch changed old one oil came out of new one should I go main dealer for switch any advice would be appreciated thanks Chris.

Yes just use main dealer for this, they're not actually that expensive if truth be known. And that way you can't go wrong..;)

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:46 PM, Christaxi said:

Thanks for that will do. also what is best coolant to use any advice.chris

Hi there, coolant wise? Just a good quality one from your local motor factors  is good enough, just make sure its correct for a VR6, I'm sure the colour of it is/ should be pink? G12? Can't really remember now, just tell them what car its for and they should supply you with the correct stuff.. ;)  

Edited by VR6 Supercharged
1 hour ago, Christaxi said:

Thanks for that will do. Had car 4wks now temp seems to go up to middle quite quick a mate said engines run hot I thought maybe coolant might need changing just done oil and all filters engine runs fine. Thanks Chris.

Hi Chris, your mate would be correct as the VR engines do run quite hot as standard. So long as your fans kick in as and when they should? All is good. That said though it won't hurt to do a coolant change, that way you know its been done. While your at it though check for any leaks and have a look at the secondary water pump as well and make sure that works. Some people say their not bothered about the secondary water pump but, VW fitted it for a reason, so in my view if its there it should work. :ph34r: