any body been in a ???...

My mate just bought himself a type r civic on a 02 plate. We were out have a little drive in chobham ( booting it a little bit on Private roads ) and we took this u turn in third and i thought oh hello kerb. But it stuck to the road no understeer or oversteer. I was will impressed. I am hopping to get the vr suspension to handle something like it. After purchasing ta's koni off damo c ( nice one mate ) i am trying to get some anti roll bars.and rear shoxs and decent springs and have a go at getting a decent set up. so i can do some track days. any body got any ideas on best set with out getting coilovers ?.

My previous car was a Honda Prelude 2.2 VTEC which had 4-wheel steering, as well as front upper strut brace and Tanabe coilovers (shipped from Japan) and it really handled fantastically.

It was running on 215/40/17 Toyo T1-S which also helped as well as braided hoses, redstuff ceramic pads and dot 5.1 fluid.

I must admit, I am still getting used to the heavy steering on my VR and the standard (possibly tired) suspension setup too.

Hondas certainly hold the road well, but the VR gives off a much more solid, well-built feel (imo).

2 completely different cars, but each a peach in their own way :D

oh yes the standard vr suspension is sh*te. I had the bloody thing sideward quite a few times, but hopefully this should be solved soon with my koni's. As for like for like the vr would murder it. but it seems quick in first and second but it might be down to the way the honda revs.( which i doubt would be good for engine to rev to 8k for the 100k of mileage ) Its probably an illusion. Where is paul daniels !amazed !!!..

Re the revs thing, I sold my Prelude with 96K on it and it was pulling 197bhp (183 standard) with only an induction kit and cat-back system and would happily rev to 7.5K all day long.

The 2.2 hits VTEC @ 5,200rpm and redlines at 7.5K whereas the 1.8VTEC (Integra, etc) redlines up around 8.5K IIRC.

Not sure when VTEC kicks in on a CTR but they will take the revs and then some - fantastic engines.