Matty's Golf mk4 R32 Turbo 4 motion

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to start wiring this lot together. After hours and hours starting to make sense of it. This is my version of a millspec consentric twist.

Hi all, I have been a member on here now for over 8 years now. I have learned lots from different members on here, from my first supercharger build to my last turbo build this site has been

Turbo manifold construction in progress.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, matty.vrt said:

Went to pay Jamie a visit at Unitsixteeenautomotive the other day.

First Is the interior stripped. A leaking water fitting on my chargecooler has made the boot floor a little rusty emoji85.png.
IMG_6321.JPG
IMG_6322.JPG

Happy it is looking a lot different now emoji3.png

IMG_6372.JPG
IMG_6373.JPG

More updates next week week when the outside gets painted emoji51.png

Looking great fella ??

Domt forget to hit me up with regards to that casing when you have time ?

Mint I’ll get one picked up and then will pester you for the crane one more thing do you have the clearance specs for the bottom end and what bearings would you recommend ? I was dreaming of silly power but think 600-650 is where the wallet is at lmfao

I would not worry about main bearing clearance in relation to power. Standard bearings and specs will be fine.
  • 2 weeks later...

Started assembly today
IMG_6560.JPG
R32 headlights
IMG_6567.JPG
Fuel tank and chargecooler ice box thing mounted
IMG_6570.JPG
Might have to fix the ride height a little. Or maybe it just looks high because of the trolleys
IMG_6574.JPG
Most of the interior back in looks like a car again
IMG_6571.JPG

Just read whole thread.. love it all and couldn’t have picked a better colour for the body  
look forward to seeing the 1200 hp dyno... hopefully little video of it ?

Definitely can’t wait to get back on the dyno.

Don’t think I will be aiming for maximum power on the next session as I want to have some seat time before I risk it all going for big numbers.
On 06/05/2018 at 1:18 PM, matty.vrt said:

Definitely can’t wait to get back on the dyno.

Don’t think I will be aiming for maximum power on the next session as I want to have some seat time before I risk it all going for big numbers.

That’s fair enough! I haven’t been on this site for a couple years and am gob smacked to see someone going for a 1000 hp vr6... amazing :) 

is this going to be a full track car then? 

My Vrt project is still ongoing, trying to fit a chargecooler in the standard vr6 manifold which is bit tricky but I’m persevering, only aiming for 400 hp though!

That’s fair enough! I haven’t been on this site for a couple years and am gob smacked to see someone going for a 1000 hp vr6... amazing  
is this going to be a full track car then? 
My Vrt project is still ongoing, trying to fit a chargecooler in the standard vr6 manifold which is bit tricky but I’m persevering, only aiming for 400 hp though!

Car is now MOT’d, taxed & insured so fully street legal. Not really practical for pooping to the shops etc... but will be used on the road and the track.

Standard inlet?

When I turbo’d my first 12v that was the first thing to go. People get into all sorts of debates about runner length but the hubrennersporttechnic that I fitted made more power NA before the turbo was fitted than the original.

I would save your self a lot of plumbing and get a cheap Ebay short runner.
Got any videos yet?

Went out in the car this weekend but was too excited for videos .

Car was misfiring and after checking all the coils we came to the conclusion it must be the injectors.

After pulling the injectors 2 were totally blocked.

IMG_6651.JPG

Some cleaning fluid and some compressed air from the local Tesco garage and the blockage was clear.