Matty's Golf mk4 R32 Turbo 4 motion

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to start wiring this lot together. After hours and hours starting to make sense of it. This is my version of a millspec consentric twist.

Hi all, I have been a member on here now for over 8 years now. I have learned lots from different members on here, from my first supercharger build to my last turbo build this site has been

Turbo manifold construction in progress.

Posted Images

It's been a while since I updated this, as usual life gets in the way.
IMG_3044.JPG
Welded on some -16 fittings for the water inlet/outlet and 3.5" Vanjen clamps and had the whole thing powder coated black.
IMG_3086.JPG
Wheels of the 18x10J verity arrived.
IMG_3094.JPGIMG_3095.JPG
Wrapped in 265 35 18 Nankang NS2R 120 soft tyres.
IMG_3244.JPG
Adapters arrived so did some test fitting.
IMG_3235.JPG
IMG_3240.JPG
Definitely going to need some wider arches.
IMG_3288.JPG
Test fitted chargecooler and only way it's working is if I take a notch out the chassis leg.
IMG_3291.JPG
Not the best welder in the world but it seems strong enough.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hi, im currently getting my DRP rebuilt.

here is a list of whats going in

epytec reinforcement plate - https://www.epytec.de/en/engine-transmission-tuning/02m-6-gear-transmission/2937/vw-audi-02m-6-speed-transmission-gear-reinforcement-reinforcement-plate-golf-1-2-3-4-vr6-r32-s3

4th gear support - https://www.bar-tek-tuning.de/en/transitional-support-4th-gear-transmission-02m-02q

Bronze sliders - https://www.bar-tek-tuning.de/en/02m-02q-bronze-sliders-gear-shift-fork

also a quaiffe front diff

solid shaft pressed into the input shaft to stop it bending

modified shift forks (rivet replaced with bolt)

im also not happy with the gearing on the DRP so i am going with a final drive from a FUX seat box which gives a FD of 3.684 and 3.043

my aim is to run 500 odd with an option of turning up the boost and still have a reliable transmission.

good luck with build.

s

• 2 months later...
What hp are you aiming for ? 
Double check your super tech valves are up to the job !

Hi Kieron,

Aiming for 1000 whp so around 1200 engine. From speaking to people with similar power I should be ok as long as I don't go wild on the cams and start chasing high revs.

Would love to know your experience as you sound concerned.
3 hours ago, matty.vrt said:

Hi Kieron,

Aiming for 1000 whp so around 1200 engine. From speaking to people with similar power I should be ok as long as I don't go wild on the cams and start chasing high revs.

Would love to know your experience as you sound concerned.

Echo "spelling" from FRT put super tech in his and soon removed them after dropping a few Lord Lee Ross had trouble with them stretching I think but from what I understand all the German boys stay on stock valves ! 

Have you de stroked yours to an r30 ? 

And if your goal is 1200hp you need a bigger turbo , and yes I know they are good for 1200hp but not on a r32  .

I have just come back from the king of Germany and when you see the turbos them boys run for 1200hp you would feel embarrassed to show your 42 ??

Echo "spelling" from FRT put super tech in his and soon removed them after dropping a few Lord Lee Ross had trouble with them stretching I think but from what I understand all the German boys stay on stock valves ! 
Have you de stroked yours to an r30 ? 
And if your goal is 1200hp you need a bigger turbo , and yes I know they are good for 1200hp but not on a r32  .
I have just come back from the king of Germany and when you see the turbos them boys run for 1200hp you would feel embarrassed to show your 42

I'm running R32 crank so will not be revving as high as Ecko and Lee.

If the supertech valves cause any problems then I will just switch to Ferrera. Had them on my old 12v but where just a bit too pricey for me right now with having the whole car to build.

I know the turbo is rated at a touch over 1100bhp but plan to run Nitrous at the same time.

I'm under no impression that my build will be a fit and forget project and will evolve constantly. Already looking at what will go into the next motor that will be on standby.

The only reason I went 42 is I was planning on building a street car that would be a heap of fun at the track but now getting full 8.5 cage and accepting it's going to be be more of a road legal race car.

Would love to take the car to King of Germany next year! That would be a dream come true.
They produce to much torque as a 3.2 I have seen Lee's do 890ftlb at about 900hp !
Its nice to see your not a dreamer and I wish you all the luck with your build, hope to see you at pod doing 8's soon

Thanks,

Spoke to lee and he thinks I will be ok as I'm 4motion. I know what your saying that amount of torque and FWD is not a good combo.

It will be interesting to see how far I can take the R32T.
3 minutes ago, matty.vrt said:

Thanks,

Spoke to lee and he thinks I will be ok as I'm 4motion. I know what your saying that amount of torque and FWD is not a good combo.

It will be interesting to see how far I can take the R32T.

It was Ecko who told me about the torque and he has 4motion