Matty's Golf mk4 R32 Turbo 4 motion

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Time to start wiring this lot together. After hours and hours starting to make sense of it. This is my version of a millspec consentric twist.

Hi all, I have been a member on here now for over 8 years now. I have learned lots from different members on here, from my first supercharger build to my last turbo build this site has been

Turbo manifold construction in progress.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, matty.vrt said:

My dream would be to do this with a Rallye but had this car for 7 years so the base was basically free.

I was lucky enough to get one before the prices sky rocketed so living the dream however I've not driven the car even though I've owned for 3 years or something like that.

When you have a sec have a look over my build. I've put a link in my signature

Ok, as promised a long overdue update.
IMG_4130.JPG
Chargecooler painted and installed
IMG_4147.JPG
30L fuel tank with duel -10 AN outlets. Planning on having 1 feed for electric pump to prime system and 1 clear run to feed the mechanical pump.
IMG_4153.JPG
Fuel & Ice tank mounted
IMG_4268.JPGIMG_4358.JPG
New 18x9j pro race 1.2’s that I won for a steal on Ebay, 265’s now on with no need for horrible flares.
IMG_4434.JPG
Dash offered up, needs mounting but can’t be bothered making mounts so it will be coming back out for the time being.
IMG_4538.JPG
Powercoated hubs with new VW bearings

IMG_4550.JPG
New track rods
IMG_4937.JPG
More powdercoating
IMG_4954.JPG
New driveshafts from VW
IMG_4962.JPG
Nice to see it all coming together
IMG_5021.JPG
At this point I just wanted to get the car back together and running. So it was a quick clean of the brake calipers and back on. I will probably get these refurbished next winter.
IMG_5072.JPG
Mount made for my Talon switch panel. Total newb at fabrication if you can call it that but good fun anyway.
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5091.JPG
400bhp NX Express wet kit just in case
IMG_5103.JPG
Car loaded up and on the way to the dyno
IMG_5094.JPG
IMG_5098.JPG
Car made 555bhp on wastegate springs which is enough to run it in and zero modifications to the standard DRP gearbox.
IMG_5516.JPG
My Dad loves the wood but I think it has to go
IMG_5547.JPGIMG_5548.JPGIMG_5550.JPGIMG_5552.JPGIMG_5664.JPG
After lots of thought SQS or DonOctane decided to go for something purpose made and best of all UK made.
IMG_5689.JPG
Time to come apart again
IMG_5708.JPG
Lots and lots of Fing and blinding late the gearbox was out with the engine and transfer box still in position. Entirely possible but definitely yanking the engine next time.
IMG_5710.JPGIMG_5711.JPG
New guest has settled in nicely
IMG_5746.JPG
Turbo to charge cooler pipe powder coated after a few little tweaks
IMG_5831.JPGIMG_5833.JPG
Had a few issues on the dyno with pipes blowing off and overheating due to air locks so re-introduced an expansion bottle back in the system.
IMG_5840.JPG
Found a local guy to paint the car so decided on House of Kolor ‘Jet set back’ and lots of clear and colour sanding. Seen it on the tv a bunch so fancy myself a nice paint job. On area I’ve never paid a lot of attention to.

Great to see you’re still cracking on . I’ll certainly be watching from the sidelines.

By the way can you confirm the part number for the NGK coil packs is 06E905115E? Need to get a set for my build and prefer the look and layout with these

I will take a look at the weekend
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...