Hello all new to this but I thought it's time I got my self a vr6 golf as never had 1 but love the look and the sound of them :) 

I've realised what I have bought needs a bit of money spending on it ie has a bit of paint to be done coolant leak oil leak needs new coilovers as the ones on there are proberly 20 years old and car handles horrible :/ also has slight oil leak but apart from all that cars pretty straight and will be fine with little cash thrown at it 

but basicly I have fixed the coolant leak was just thermostat housing but now with the oil leak I noticed this /:  Looks like oil breather has split is this common plus do I need the oil catch tank in picture or not ?? 

image.jpeg

image.png

image.png

image.png

That's your PCV valve that has split, really common because of the tension the hoses put on it, although it looks like someone has also fitted a catch can of some sort in that photo?

Replacements are about £45 -50 for new genuine from vw parts international (where I got mine).

The other option is to remove the valve and fit an oil catch can - if you're planning to go forced induction that might be worth a look. The neatest solution I had spotted was from 42 draft designs (awesome gti supply them I think), about £120 I think, or you could make that one you have work, plenty of guides on here.

Hope that helps, welcome to vr6 ownership!

James

Yes, I rate the 42dd pcv delete, an expensive but simple design but a permanent fix. Avoid buying from awesomegti and get directly from the states, it's much quicker delivery.

Catch can is also a permanent pcv delete, it stops the oily gases from the rocker entering back into the combustion process.