Radiator upgrade

Wanting to upgrade my radiator as my fan housing is catching my throttle body so will be getting some slimline fans and will upgrade the radiator at the same time. Any recommendations on radiators? I have seen the mishimoto one and another on that vw parts international do. Has anyone tried any of these?

Thanks

4 minutes ago, c00k said:

I got an Audi S6 alloy rad in mine, much bigger than the VR size, but needs custom fitting. 

It only just fitted between the head lights. 

More info on it in my build. 

6D89A520-9006-4A71-BEDC-4C04D6815A1B_zps

Looks good that but i would prefer an easy direct replacement.

A lot of the alloy radiators (and other parts) are Chinese imports made by one or two main manufacturers out there, not knocking them, they and the intercoolers you get can be spot on, but I used to be able to get them direct from there for around £90 to my door not long ago, much cheaper if I bought 5/6. General resale values I have seen on them do range from £130 to £300+ for he same rad though so make sure you don't buy the same product for a lot more than it should cost, see a lot of products like that but people will pay the prices thinking they get a much better product when they're often paying for an advert!

£170 doesn't seem too bad though not having to import it and the bigger re-sellers over there I deal/dealt with now seem to put on high delivery costs for single items which pretty much take up the profit unless you buy in bulk from them.