Hi guys and gals have a problem with my clutch, don't know if it's the clutch slave if it needs pressure bled or the pressure plate.

my car is a mk2 vr conversion when the car is sat with engine off or on the clutch pedal sticks to the floor and locks the gear stick in position I.e. 1st gear have to turn the car off pull the pedals up with my toes and then back in nutal then engine back on, anyone have any ideas have bled it a few times still the same and now I'm looking at replacing the clutch slave as someone said it could be that but don't want to pay out for that if it isn't that and is the same with the new part

10 minutes ago, rich said:

hi,could be the seal/piston in slave faulty or sticky,,give it a good bleed with fresh fluid and if still the same replace I guess is only real sure way...nothing fouling the clutch pedal is there!!!

Thanks for the advice, clutch pedal is clear of anything, did take the cover off the piston and got it in 5th and looked at it and there is rust all round it, gave it a bit of a clean and put back together and tested but still the same sticking to the floor, if it's a nice day tomorrow going to try a full blead like you say, have a clutch slave on order now just hope it works one way or another as I really want it on the road

yeh,getting old now so parts corrode/wear out, if u got a slave ordered you might as well just change it, get all the bits that are associated with clutch and clean them so you have a level playing field when it all goes back together...gd luck and keep us posted:)

Edited by rich

hmmm,if you got a good feeling clutch pedal then it should've bled ok.. Does the pedal have bushes/washers in the pivot???where it goes onto box??I know rs turbos had em and could be a right pain,but they usually collapsed!!:(

Edited by rich