VW Golf VR6 for sale

VW Golf VR6 1997

I am selling my VR6 for spares or repairs.
I have been using it daily until last week when I went to Leeds, the car was motoring fine halfway down the motorway, I continued to the service station and the car was running lumpy.
I checked it out and could not find the fault so I continued on my way.
When I arrived in Leeds I arranged for the car to be brought home.

Upon checking the car one of the plugs had burnt its spark plug, the electrode was missing.
I can only imagine it's either damaged a piston or the electrode has stuck in a valve opening because its failing to ignite on cylinder 1.
I don't have the time or space or funds to repair so I just bought a van to get me about.

The car was bought a year ago, I gave it fresh oil and filters, new plugs and leads and set about making it run good.
I have fitted a full set of coil overs to it last year and it sits nice and firm on the ground like a go cart.
It's had new disks all round, the anti rust type.
New pads all round.
New ball joints.
New CV joints.
New bearings.
Poly bushed on the suspension.
Custom Quick Shifter.
Was recently aligned but the tyres are wearing a bit on the front, still loads of life left but its a monster car where front tyres are concerned.

The front end has been Vento'd.
Lights, bonnet, grill etc.
I still have the original parts for the car in the garage and they will go with the car.

Apart from the fault with the motor, there is a fault on the ABS, this is caused by a faulty wire that need replacing on one of the front wheels, when the inner CV boot was replaced the garage didn't route the wire correctly and it brushed against the wheel causing a short, so the car thinks there is a dodgy sensor.
Also the rear windows need looking at if you want to use the power windows, I never really got around to looking at them.

Selling the car in one lump as it is, £500

Located in Scartho, near Cleethorpes.

IMG_0322.JPG

IMG_0320.JPG

File_000(2).jpeg

Edited by johnthunder
Update