Club Event: 29th annual GTI International : 09/07/2016 - 10/07/2016 - 07/09/2016 9:00 AM to 07/10/2016 5:00 PM

Do we need to see event dates again Pete, what's happening with the rr day and spring fest etc?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take a look at the events section Jon and the RR day has been booked. Get your name down mate and I'll edit it later. If you wanna speak with@bennyk and josh and whoever else I'll add them too mate.

Spring festival was a shambles mate. Weren't it just me and you who attended?

Take a look at the events section Jon and the RR day has been booked. Get your name down mate and I'll edit it later. If you wanna speak with/profile/93280-bennyk/'>@bennyk and josh and whoever else I'll add them too mate.

Spring festival was a shambles mate. Weren't it just me and you who attended?

Bennyk made it didn't he and his 1.8t mate?

I need to show some people my car, where's the first show!!!

GTI Spring fest is on Sunday 17th April.@Bealieboy if you wanna raise some awareness mate I will happy book a club stand and may even attend. You need to instill some southern love.

Further to this I've emailed the organisers and asked for a display area for 10 cars. I'll start a thread later when I'm home.

GTI Spring fest is on Sunday 17th April.@Bealieboy if you wanna raise some awareness mate I will happy book a club stand and may even attend. You need to instill some southern love.

I'm confused. Top of there homepage it says Sunday 17th April and at the bottom it says Sunday 12th April. I've asked them to confirm.

[b]Event Title:[/b] 29th annual GTI International : 09/07/2016 - 10/07/2016
[b]Event Author:[/b] VR6CABBS
[b]Calendar:[/b] Club Events
[b]Event Date:[/b] 07/09/2016 9:00 AM to 07/10/2016 5:00 PM

Hello All,

We are looking to book a club stand at this show and it will need your co operation and willingness to attend.

Last year was a poor turnout and many didnt attend for one reason or another. This is a two day event and over the years the club has arranged camping.

Fine if you only want to attend just one day but we will want numbers and some commitment to attend. 

If you fancy this please put your name forward and we can get something booked. 

You can take a look here.......  http://www.shakespearecountyraceway.com/eventdetails.asp?event=82

EVENT DETAILS

29th annual GTI International : 09/07/2016 - 10/07/2016

Please note this is not a Public Track Weekend - the event is primarily for owners of vehicles in the Volkswagen / Audi Group (VAG) which includes SEAT, Skoda and Porsche, although there is a class in the quarter-mile sprint for other marques, by prior arrangement/booking.

GTI INTERNATIONAL is a truly spectacular event for owners of all the high-performance Volkswagen Group models, including VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda and Porsche. Originally founded in 1988, when the Mk 2 Golf GTI 16V was the hottest item in the VW line-up, GTI International has since grown to become the UK’s biggest show for all the modern water-cooled VW Group models, attracting visitors from all over Europe.The central theme for this years show is the 40th anniversary for the Golf GTi 

2016_GTi_International.jpg

GTi International Highlights Video

Organised by the publishers of Volkswagen Driver and Audi Driver magazines, last year’s second event at the new venue at Shakespeare County Raceway attracted thousands of owners of the quickest and best-looking Volkswagen Group cars from all four corners of the country, as well as abroad, to take part in a wide variety of activities.

Centre stage are the quarter-mile Sprint and the Show ’n’ Shine, as well as a huge selection of trade stands and displays, club line-ups and competitions, a car sales area, autojumble, plus children’s entertainments, a fun fair and on-site camping, along with a bar and much more. This year’s event has all the makings of being even better...

IMG_3563_copy.jpg

The quarter mile sprint saw plenty of action throughout the weekend, with the top time on Saturday recorded by VWDRC racer Paul Jordan and his rapid 4WD 20VT 700 bhp Scirocco (10.2) while Adrian Bagdanavicius's highly modified 800 bhp Audi S2 took fastest overall on Sunday with a 10.0.

Paul had been hoping to break his all time record for GTI International, the 9.021 that he clocked in 2014, but after recent extensive repairs following a brush with the wall earlier in the year the Scirocco still wasn't running quite right. With its new aerodynamic bodywork, though, there's every sign that he will soon be running back in the high 8s soon!

In fact, virtually every class in the Sprint saw quarter-mile ETs quicker by quite some considerable margin, with well over 2,000 individual runs recorded over the two days, despite a late start due to the rain first thing on Saturday morning. Not just for race cars, anyone can take part in the Sprint with their own road-going 'daily driver’, subject to a few basic safety checks (see details at the bottom of this page).

IMG_3597_copy.jpg
IMG_3832_copy.jpg

The Show ’n’ Shine is mostly for modified and customised cars, while the rather more formal Concours class, for cars in original, classic or restored condition, is independently judged. With 18 classes, catering for all types of VW and Audi models, nearly 100 cars entered on Saturday and 200 cars took part on the sunny Sunday.

Well over 40 clubs took part in the special display area, many camping together overnight, with Comrades of VAG taking the top Club award.

Last year’s GTI International brought together a great many VW enthusiasts, of all ages, to enjoy an event which is unparalleled here in the UK. So, the 2016 edition should be even better as it continues to build upon what has already been achieved. Don’t miss it!

For more details visit www.gtiinternational.co.uk.

IMG_4059_copy.jpg
IMG_4118_copy_2.jpg
Photos courtesy of GTi International

PLEASE NOTE: All RWYB drivers regardless of cars, times and speeds are required to wear a crash helmet in order to compete on the track. Helmet hire is available at the track on the day for a nominal fee. Contact us for further details or take a look at our Essential Guide on the Run What Ya Brung information page. Also, don’t forget your Driving Licence (Full Licence required, No Provisional Licence accepted)! Remember No Licence No Race! All cars will be scrutineered before signing-on and receiving a strip pass sticker.

All of these measures are designed to make GTI International safer, less expensive and more enjoyable than ever before.

Facebook_Twitter_logos.jpg

GTI INTERNATIONAL ADMISSION PRICES:
Sat Gate £16.00 - Advance £13.50
Sun Gate £16.00 - Advance £13.50

Overnight Camping: I night inc. w/entry (Advance £31) or 2 nights inc. w/entry (Advance £35) 
*Prices includes entry to the show, and are correct at this time.

*PLEASE NOTE - Advance ticket offer will run from 1st March and can be ordered online from the official event web site at
Please note this is not a Public Track Weekend - Strictly only owners of vehicles in the Volkswagon/Audi Group (VAG) which includes Skoda & Porshes, will be allowed to participate in RWYB:

Quarter Mile Sprint Track Fee:
Single Run £5.00 per person, half day £15.00 unlimited runs, full day £25 unlimited runs, full weekend £40.00 unlimited runs. All prices are per person (helmets required).

Safety_Sign_(2).jpg

*All ticket prices are per person.
*All tickets are non-refundable.
*All major Credit Cards accepted.
*Children under 15 free when accompanied by an adult.
*All Day Catering.
*Evening Entertainment & Bar.
*Free Grandstands & Pit Entry.
*On site Showers & Toilets.

Gates for camping open 4.00 pm Friday - close 10.30 pm and reopen Saturday from 7.00 am for Trade; Show 'n' Shine & Club Displays 8.00 am and General Public from 9.00 am both days. 
Track opens from 10.00 am both days until 5.00 pm subject to track and weather conditions permitting.

All information and admission details are correct at this time. Please drive carefully. See you at the strip!

Thanks 

Click the below link to register for the 29th annual GTI International : 09/07/2016 - 10/07/2016 event

29th annual GTI International : 09/07/2016 - 10/07/2016
  • VR6CABBS pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...