93 Corrado vr6 turbo odb1 engine management

1 hour ago, Redcorradovrt said:

I've emailed lugronic to ask about there plug and play system... No reply! Hear there not the best customer service. Was thinking maybe emerald ... Anyone had any experience with these? Also will need a base map installed as its a brand spanking new engine! 

Yeah I've heard they are not forthcoming on email responses !

If you are on facebook, Take a look at this group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1520173351581315/?ref=ts&fref=ts

Quite a few people have lugtronic, Assume if you have teething issues you would deal with your local tuner unless you are mapping yourself, however there is enough support about to get you through any problems...

Pete

On 2/21/2016 at 5:04 PM, Redcorradovrt said:

I've emailed lugronic to ask about there plug and play system... No reply! Hear there not the best customer service. Was thinking maybe emerald ... Anyone had any experience with these? Also will need a base map installed as its a brand spanking new engine! 

I have Emerald on my VRT, its ok. the lugtronic kit is plug and play. a few people i know run DTA kit and like it. if your going coil pack try the ford mod as they are cheaper in the long run.

s

1 hour ago, ssaunders said:

I have Emerald on my VRT, its ok. the lugtronic kit is plug and play. a few people i know run DTA kit and like it. if your going coil pack try the ford mod as they are cheaper in the long run.

s

So what are the differences between the ecu's? Going to need rev limiter launch control etc in my life! I got recommended DTA by Vince at stealth running a st coil pack - not sure on the 3k he wants to install it tho. Are you local to high Wycombe area for me to take a look or have you any pics of your install? I'm fast approaching this stage n want to play with it asoon as possible! Cheers

Hi Mate, no launch control on the emerald but it can do variable boost to gear\rpm with the right inputs also no knock sensors which are handy if your going to self tune. most of the other stuff most can do. what i would look for would be who near you is a recommended tuner and what ecu they tune most often.

your welcome to come and have a look. 3k sounds a bit steep as it should be just cut the wire from the original loom and plumb into the new ecu but that will leave the old loom as well so maybe a tidy up?

have you looked at Megasquirt? bit more in depth than the others or just a C2 generic map on your original ecu?

I had emerald K3 on my old VRT and I was not impressed at all. I would recommend Syvecs S6, AEM or Haltech as there all feature rich and come with excellent support. Andy at Storm Delevompents quoted me £2400 supplied, fitted and mapped for the Syvecs S6 which is a killer option if you don't want to do it yourself.

hi, dont think you need DBW? like i said it does the job for me, it starts runs and drives. its not very easy to self map so you will need someone local to edit the supplied basemap so factor that in to the cost of a remap which for mine was £500, did get 3 maps though! 

the tuner i went too didnt like them much and the software isnt brilliant, Matty didnt like his..... Vince recommended the DTA, give Tim at the Phirm a call and see what he says you will then have the opinion of 2 of the best VR guys in the country.

good luck.

s

1 hour ago, matty.vrt said:

£695 all in sounds reasonable for a budget build. Another couple that may be worth considering is Adaptronic from EFI parts, that's what Lee is using on his 1200bhp R32T Jetta or EMU Ecu Master from Don Octane in Germany he is running that on his 1xxx polo R32T.

Adaptronic  - http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=248 £699 with 2 meter loom and it has a knock sensor which i dont think the emerald has and an inbuilt MAP sensor.

14 minutes ago, ssaunders said:

Adaptronic  - http://www.efi-parts.co.uk/index.php?productID=248 £699 with 2 meter loom and it has a knock sensor which i dont think the emerald has and an inbuilt MAP sensor.

See there's lots of options for around £700. I think it's worth spending some time talking to different vendors and deciding what solution works best for you. When I was looking I made a list of what features I wanted/ need, then look for a ecu that has them all.

1 hour ago, matty.vrt said:

See there's lots of options for around £700. I think it's worth spending some time talking to different vendors and deciding what solution works best for you. When I was looking I made a list of what features I wanted/ need, then look for a ecu that has them all.

and a good local tuner, Emerald are based near Norwich and could be a bit of a mission if it goes there for mapping dependant on where in the country you are.

OEM for the win, £0!

VR6%20Trbo%20def%20screenshot_zpsaa6gdxa

OBD1 you can do easy enough if you know what you're doing but most tuners won't. The fact is it s easier to change to OBD2 for FI as it is more common and most rare tunes on these are 2. There are only a hand full of tuners that can cross flash some maps, define from scratch the OBD1-2 map/function differences then add the boost controls all on your oem ecu but it's certainly possible!

That's just defining your ecu though so you have complete control, on top of that you'd have to set it up to your parts used too - the tune itself - so it all adds up, cost wise but you can't beat a bit of oem+!

Best bet is to first find out what your local tuner uses as they could only be proficient in certain systems so you may be limited to that!