GOlf VR6 auto

Guest UK2004

Guest UK2004

Anyone here driven the auto VR6's? Were you impressed? Am looking at Corrado VR6 and Golf VR6 and although really i prefer Corrado are getting expensive and have rediculous mileage I seme to able to get a decent well looked after golf vr6 for 3.5-4k, what are they like in terms of handling and performance?

I happen to own an auto'd VR6. Having had a MK2 VR6 which was a manual its not quite the same driving experience, but none the less still love the power to bits. Don't tend to trah the car too much but it handles well (got it lowered thou) and is very responsive still. Downside is it drinks more petrol but you don't buy VR's worrying about petrol mind :)

Hello mate have owned an auto VR6 highline for a few months now and am well impressed. It is unmodded and bog standard but still VR rapid with impresive kick down when you feel the impulse !lol Picked it up for 3.5 grand with full v dub serv hist. Not sure about modding an auto though. 1118950889_1789_FT65504_vr6_2.jpg

My first VR was a manual which i loved,my latest VR which i've had now for over a year is Auto. I was a bit dubious intially but read good reports about them and found that it does suit the engine really well. The performance feels just as punchy and the kickdown is superb,i'd say my fuel economy is only around 20 miles per tank worse than the manual. So overall i'm pretty chuffed with it,especialy in monster traffic jams!!

• 2 weeks later...

ive had mine for 2 years now. Quiet fun to drive. But to be honest the next car im going to get will be manual. It can get a bit boring after a while. Ive added a bmc filter to mine. Kickdown is quiet potent especially when u do it at 20mph. You can always use gears 1,2,3 manually if you want. double pressing the accelerator drops the gears if you want responsivness. They are good runners, but as i said, can get a tad boring.