Club Event: Rolling Road Day - 05/22/2016

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@bealieboy everything's fine I've just had a word with this fella and he's agreed to follow you all the way to Stealth incase your heat wrap goes up in flames!

Yeah great day guys, thanks to all who organised and helped. Some great cars and good folk to chat with.... What more could you want?!

My beast is now up and running;  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, scoot spanker said:

That's impressive figures for n/a, I have a r/r printout for 201bhp

It was high for na , 230.2 was the figure 

the camber was out though and according to jon it can male a difference on the rollers but its been set up now and ran a few thousand miles 

just changed to fully synth oil to so it should all be performing at its max and hopefully good numbers 

i think anything over 200 is good na , iv put a fair amount in to get that figure like 

Reading on google........ It seems this maybe an issue ben and whilst driving at high speed with your 6b wrapped in a Chinese style wadding it may go brittle and fall off leaving no protection and causing a under bonnet fire. @Bealieboy you should drive no faster than 15mph for the first 3000 miles and then at no more than 40mph for a further 10000 miles.

Image result for car fire

But all should be well if you keep your speed down @Bealieboy

Maybe you should leave on Saturday evening and you'll be there in good time on Sunday morning. :ph34r:

PS. Do you have "AGREED VAUATION" on your insurance policy????

Edited by VR6CABBS
22 minutes ago, VR6CABBS said:

Reading on google........ It seems this maybe an issue ben and whilst driving at high speed with your 6b wrapped in a Chinese style wadding it may go brittle and fall off leaving no protection and causing a under bonnet fire. @Bealieboy you should drive no faster than 15mph for the first 3000 miles and then at no more than 40mph for a further 10000 miles.

But all should be well if you keep your speed down @Bealieboy

Maybe you should leave on Saturday evening and you'll be there in good time on Sunday morning. :ph34r:

PS. Do you have "AGREED VAUATION" on your insurance policy????

That's convenient, he won't have to amend his driving at all then. B)

11 hours ago, Danashby said:

Hi I'm new to the forum I'll be bringing my mk4 v6 which was mapped at stealth I'm hoping to make similar numbers. I will have a friend with me does he need to put his name down to spectate. 

No Dan, bring him along mate.

10 minutes ago, Bealieboy said:

Can all recent contributors concentrate on your jobs please, I've just called your respective bosses and you're all being watched now. emoji102.pngemoji102.pngemoji102.png

emoji1596.pngemoji1596.pngemoji1596.pngemoji1596.png

Hahaha. I am the boss. :rolleyes: . It was me you discussed your incontenance issues with whilst reporting a member of staff.

Safe advise would be to keep the bladder full incase of an engine fire then you can hose it out. Hahahaha

Edited by VR6CABBS
53 minutes ago, bennyk said:

Haha! This is brilliant! Are there any rules in place for VR6oc members not being allowed to bring old vans along to this@vr6cabbs??! emoji6.pngemoji23.png

Well Ben that old van might get struck on the rollers and hold things up mate so please could you tell your friend to leave that at home. lol

To be fair if we are gonna have smoky vehicles it would be best for your friend to bring the Chinese heat wrapped VR mate. B)

That said if someone could bring a still saw along we could cut the roof off and make a nice flower pot on the lawn on the end of the industrial estate. Identical to this.......

Image result for car as a flower pot

Edited by VR6CABBS

Cabbs, please don't confuse my oil burner with that dreadful flower pot, there's no way that mini is as powerful as my genuine vw golf van, as easy on the eye or as rare. (21 left on the rd,59 sorn)

In fact, I reckon the van could produce into the double figures whilst carrying your lunch bag, yer chunky little begger!!

Bugger! I was right up for coming to this, it would be my first VR6oc event since Billing about 8 yrs ago. My coilpacks decided to give up the ghost and she's running on 4/5 cylinders. I've ordered new ones which were to be delivered this morning and my neighbour was going to fit them. However it's now afternoon and no coillpacks. We rang the supplier and it seems the lad who took the call yesterday didn't order them! I may be lucky and get them tomorrow morning, in which case I'll be OK. If I don't get them in time I'll still come along in the four pot.

41 minutes ago, Bealieboy said:

Cabbs, please don't confuse my oil burner with that dreadful flower pot, there's no way that mini is as powerful as my genuine vw golf van, as easy on the eye or as rare. (21 left on the rd,59 sorn)

In fact, I reckon the van could produce into the double figures whilst carrying your lunch bag, yer chunky little begged!! emoji1362.pngemoji2.png

I guess you mean double figures in above 10mph??? haha. I agree it should make 15 then. :rolleyes: You should be ok mate as there's no hills near Stealth........

The green goddess will be fine. Ben said he's bringing an extra fire extinguisher with him should yours run out......:D:D