Hi guys I'm new to the vr6. I don't actually own it yet lol. I'm due to be picking it up on Tuesday. So would like a bit of information. It's done 130k completely standard obd2 high line. Only upgrade is a Direnze exhaust. Had new clutch slave and master cylenders, welding on sills etc slight bit of lacquer peel but nothing major. Guy wants 1400 quid. I think it's bit of a steel. Full 12 months motWhat do you think? Any information is gratefully received

Hey up stokey Dan, You still on track for picking up your vr ? I just gave mine a good hiding for possibly the last time yeah right lol, I say possibly cuz I'm not gonna go pushing it away, but it's going off the road tommorow as I pick up my mk5 gti, just hope it's not a soggy if your having any second thoughts don't, they are stunning motors, mines ace and standard, God knows what it would be like sooooooooooped up a bit cuz she's rapid now, ENJOY

Edited by Sparky0781
  • 4 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, VR6Pete said:

Did you pick it up mate? 

I certainly did. I will get pictures up shortly. 

Had a right nightmare with it. The guy who was selling it was a right moron. 

Day before I picked it up it had an 'mot' which I passed no problem. 

On way We heard a weird nose coming from the back end. We proceeded. Anyway my friend had a look over it to sort out the rear bearing only to find that the only thinking keeping the Hub attached to the rear was the split pin. Suspension was wrangling it's bag off. Was horrendous. Of course the guy denied all knowledge etc etc 

anyway it's sorted now. New hubs and pads all around. New bearings. Removed the stupid piper cross come filter and fitted k and n panel. Doesn't sound as good but that air filter had more holes in it than a cheese grater. 

Jetex stainless ordered, new coolant hoses ordered after one burst from the matrix. 

but yeh I got it Pete. Pictures to follow 

Its a a work In progress for sure. 

I certainly did. I will get pictures up shortly. 

Had a right nightmare with it. The guy who was selling it was a right moron. 

Day before I picked it up it had an 'mot' which I passed no problem. 

On way We heard a weird nose coming from the back end. We proceeded. Anyway my friend had a look over it to sort out the rear bearing only to find that the only thinking keeping the Hub attached to the rear was the split pin. Suspension was wrangling it's bag off. Was horrendous. Of course the guy denied all knowledge etc etc 

anyway it's sorted now. New hubs and pads all around. New bearings. Removed the stupid piper cross come filter and fitted k and n panel. Doesn't sound as good but that air filter had more holes in it than a cheese grater. 

Jetex stainless ordered, new coolant hoses ordered after one burst from the matrix. 

but yeh I got it Pete. Pictures to follow 

Its a a work In progress for sure. 

More holes than a cheese grater quality