Hi All

I have just picked up a rust free low mileage MK3 VR6 Highline for the misses and she absolutely loves it.  She only drives 1k miles a year herself so i'm hoping to have an appreciating asset over the next 5-10 years and as such will lavish it with the care and love it deserves (unlike my 40k miles a year company cars that are thrashed to within an inch of their life).

The car is pretty much fault free but I am a fuss arse so will ensure everything is setup perfectly.

I have the following plans for her;

Wheels

Replace the original 15" BBS alloys with either 17"s or 18"s.

Suspension

Plan to replace anything at perishes and will want a set of good quality coil-overs at some stage

Exhaust

Looking to fit something that looks sportier but don't want it to be loud (maybe just a little bit throatier)

Lights

Has the original Hella twins on the front and want to replace the bulbs with something that actually helps see in the dark as the lights are pathetic :)

image_zpsgjmsxtvn.jpeg

I am sure I'll be picking everyone's brains from time to time :)

I run 6k hids and am highly impressed, I've never been a fan of aftermarket hids really and I'm not too keen on them in a normal headlight, but with the projector style like you've got they're not too chav, maybe go for the 4K so they're not as blue.

Those osrams are cheap enough though if you pick them up on eBay, far better than a normal bulb.

I run 6k hids and am highly impressed, I've never been a fan of aftermarket hids really and I'm not too keen on them in a normal headlight, but with the projector style like you've got they're not too chav, maybe go for the 4K so they're not as blue.

Those osrams are cheap enough though if you pick them up on eBay, far better than a normal bulb.

What do the night breakers compare like to hids sqeals? I'm thinking of getting some for my mk5

They put light a bit further up the rd than a hid with a nice hotspot in the middle... Providing your headlight aim is good.

In a single chamber headlight (work van) I find the main beam spreads the light a bit too thin close in but can't deny you can see a long way ahead.

All in all, a massive upgrade from an oem bulb and keenly priced too!

Edited by Bealieboy