You should definitely be able to hear it operating (if you put your ear near it) while the engine is running.

Sometimes it comes on after turning the engine off, but only if the engine is very hot. In this case, the radiator fan runs at the same time.

I checked mine last night again and with just the ignition on. I can\'t hear or feel it viabrating !sad and it\'s very hot to touch. If it has failed what sort of problems would i see, ?! as it\'s not over heating i think. Temp needle sits bang in middle all the time and takes about 3-4mins to get there and Oil temp is reaching about 90normal driving conditions

sankys mines not vibrating/making a buzzing noise. Only just started doin it as i've had the car off the road for the last 6 months. If you cannot hear it buzzing i am afraid it stuffed. try turning the ignition on the give the pump a tap with a screw driver and it might start buzzing/vibing. there about

Right, I've changed the pump and all seems to be fine, I just to know what are the symptons of an air lock. Temp needle resting in the middle plenty of hot air blowing through heaters and oil temp at about 90-110 depending on driving condition

it will only remove the lock if the system has been bled well to start with! thats with the cap off on the expansion tank while its getting up to temp and until the fans come on! then replace the cap and shut off, restart when cold and top up as needed!

i had my aux pump replaced, and found out that my main pump was also knackered, check the main water pump pully for rotational geometry and make sure its not wobbling.

replacing the aux water pump is not a big deal its about 30 minutes (ofc u gotta drain ur coolant) and it costs about 40 quid from euro if i remember.

it will only remove the lock if the system has been bled well to start with! thats with the cap off on the expansion tank while its getting up to temp and until the fans come on! then replace the cap and shut off' date=' restart when cold and top up as needed!

[/quote']

Thats what i did, didn't think i had an air lock just concerned of what symptons i would have had if i did. Any way all seems to be OK.

As for the main water pump that seems to be Ok for now.

Just got to get the rear axle bushes done now but that's a diffrent story :D