Engine has started cutting out on start up.

Started today, turned the key and the engine went into its normal fast idle at 1100 - 1200 rpm for 30 seconds.

I drove it a few miles to have the tyres replaced and being a VR, it warmed up well before I reached the tyre place. Anyway, after 20 minutes I was asked to put the car in the shop.

I went outside and started the car up. She fired up and then stalled as the revs dipped to warm idle and continued past to stall.

I tried once more with a bit of throttle and she settled back down with no issue.

I have noticed that she is idling rough-ish. Between 700 and 1200rpm, using the throttle gently, she makes the car shake with what feel like misfires. These vibrations and "misfires" disappear instantly after you go above 1200rpm.

She has stalled on two further start ups today but has got going on the 2nd attempts.

The engine is a 24v 2.8 AYL. This is the first problem she has given me but has idled partially roughly for a month.

I've scanned her and no codes have been thrown out but I've not got vgcom to see an in depth report.

Do the symptoms described sound familiar or does anyone have suggestions?.

Thanks.

Monk. 

• 2 weeks later...

Codes will show up on Mis-Fire only after a certain amount of cycles that the engine has had its Mis-Fire.

It can be anything from warn plugs to coils mate.
Have you pulled plugs out and had a look at all?

Maf would not cause a Mis Fire so to speak, just pure lack of power, even that does not come up all the time on V/C.