My bagged mulberry mk3 VR6

Hello everyone :) Name is Chris and I am a detailer by trade. 

I live down in Cornwall, and have owned a fair few nice VAG cars, a couple of a mk2's, a mk1, and a mk4 R32 amongst a few others, but was looking for a nice Mk3 as the only previous mk3 I had owned I only had on the road for a few weeks before part exchanging it for the mk1, so I was looking for one that just needed a few tweaks to make it mine, when looking I found this car in Glasgow (yes, I must have been mad) and contacted the seller. He kindly sent me some more pictures and information, and after a little contemplating I booked a flight up to come and view the car - long story short is I bought it and drove it back that afternoon/evening/night lol.

Upon researching the car, I found out that it was owned by a well loved guy who sadly passed away earlier this year :( However I have set about making the car every bit the show car it was intended to be and will be attending many shows in the car (starting with Ultimate Stance) and then thats it until next season. I've had the rear quarter panels repaired (small surface rust was cut out, fresh metal welded in and resprayed), Heiko wind deflectors, 16" Schmidt modernlines custom painted in candy purple.

So yeah, hello to you all and if anyone has any information as to any history of the car it would be greatly appreciated.

12105806_10156128968475524_3728622324707

5307_529737193820680_5400572710903724031

2015-Dubshed-PMcG-38_zpslbpftkkc.jpg

And one from last weekend at Ultimate Dubs... 

DSC_0139_zpsava9ltaf.jpg

Spec:

1997 Volkswagen Golf VR6 Highline in Mulberry metallic

Engine:

2.8 12v fitted with 263 cams, chromed inlet manifold, 263 cams, remapped ECU including rev limiter raised to 8000rpm, up-rated internals fitted, Milltek stainless steel exhaust system with de-cat, drilled airbox fitted with K&N panel filter.

Suspension: 

AirLift V2 management air ride system installed, Dual 380cc compressors, notched chassis, Full Only Charged Dubs custom install (see pictures above).

Wheels / Tyres:

Schmidt 9x16 Moderline alloy wheels (painted custom candy purple) fitted with Falken 195/40/16 front tyres and 195/45/16 rear tyres fitted.

Exterior:

Full respray carried out, U.S front bumper with bumper vents fitted, U.S rear tailgate with smoothed badge and wiper hole, Hella top spoiler, U.S spec front wings (no side repeaters), debadged grill fitted, custom painted headlights with clear lenses, smoother arial.

Interior: 

Full custom Recaro Mulberry leather retrim, OMP re-trimmed steering wheel, Bose speakers fitted.  

Edited by Chris_VR6
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looks wicked! put it for our club stand at UD?

I have applied for indoors, fingers crossed it gets in but if not I'd be happy to be on the owners club stand :) 

Nice photos buddy!

I'd love a much better camera,

But I can justifie the money for the decent DSLR I want.

Thanks bud, I have been thinking about buying one for probably two years but never took the plunge so when the one I wanted was in the sales on black friday I decided to get it, and I'm loving it so far!

Looks really nice mate

Even better to see my old wheels living on

Thanks Rob, and yes they do live in, even if they are in a shade as far removed from the originals as they could possibly be lol.