Hi all, im totally new to this so bare with me

I own a mk4 golf 1.4 8v

Just bought a mk3 vr6 2.8 full donor car to do the conversion on my 1.4

Now i have a question on the wiring side of things, does the loom split, engine, dash, front to rear ect ?

Also ive read that in some cases the engine loom for the vr will plug and play into my 1.4 fusebox? That correct,? Is fo i wont have to change dash loom will i?

0a317b1df1dd011f130327580e333d05.jpg

Edited by andy_dale1993

I carried out a vr6 conversion in a 1.4 a few years back.

its all plug and play, just use all the engine wiring for the vr engine and the fuse box from it.

Make sure you install the fuel pump as well.

You will also need the immobiliser box, loom and key.

All pretty simple if you have mechanical experience.

Any problems just ask away here and someone will help.

Good luck with the conversion dude. I am in the middle of a conversion as well so will be following your thread for my purpose. I will try and help where i can to.

Look forward to seeing this happen. looks like you have a good base to start with.

Thanks pal, work wont start untill another 2 weeks, got some engine work i want to concentrate on before i drop it in ,once its in, it isnt coming back out again haha

ill post pics during the conversion

My main concern atm is the wiring part of things, really trying to avoid taking the dash out lol

Thats what i am not looking forward too. Not all too sure how it goes together. haha.

Basically pretty much straight forward, but i could be wrong, doesnt seem as bad as i thought though,

Seems as though the wiring loom is plug and play, gotta use the vr6 engine loom

Obviously got to change the pedal box as the vr is hydrailuc clutch

Maybe the gear linkage as in sure its on rods

Fuel pump and think thats it