Vortech V1 questions

Hi mate. I have a V1 that I'm currently installing.

Few things, make sure you weld the AN fitting into the sump instead of tapping, you'll have leaks otherwise and peace of mind.

Make sure it's 100% complete. I thought mine was complete. It was not and have had to have a few bits fabricated up.

If you have photos I can tell you if anything is missing.

I'd recommend you get it mapped not sure on the software if you can get it off the shelf anymore.

MAF. Yes you should run the it at least 18" away from the intake on the charger to avoid stalling issues...

Usually would fit behind the bumper / wing where charcoal canister would have been.

a catch can is about as simple as you can imagine. all that is needed is a catch can of your choosing and a rubber hose to attach the catch can to the PCV port on the valve cover. you can improvise a soda can or you can buy a fully fabricated dedicated catch can with venting, etc.

another option is to simply put a breather filter on the PCV port itself. makes for some heavy fumes at idle however.

a catch can is about as simple as you can imagine. all that is needed is a catch can of your choosing and a rubber hose to attach the catch can to the PCV port on the valve cover. you can improvise a soda can or you can buy a fully fabricated dedicated catch can with venting, etc.

another option is to simply put a breather filter on the PCV port itself. makes for some heavy fumes at idle however.

To keep it fully closed loop doesnt the other outlet from the catch can have to go to the intake pipe? The intake pipe I am getting doesnt have outlets for this.

if you want or need it to be a closed loop system then you'll need to have a port welded to the intake pipe.

the purpose of the catch can is to eliminate the PCV system so it would counterintuitive to install the catch can but have the vapors recirculated to the intake.

personally I would just leave the intake pipe as-is and install a catch can that does not recirculate the vapors

Edited by reynolds9000
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes you can run a 6 rib belt,

But it may belt walk, where the belt moves side to side, over the spare left over rib,

Wearing and stretching the belt slightly quicker.

But it will work, not ideal, but good enough to get you up and running until you find a 7 rib.

Edited by c00k
  • 2 weeks later...