Supercharged vr6 injector question

Hi guys.

After some advice on injectors.

Going to be running a rotrex c30 94 on my vr6 soon and just getting all final bits together before bolting it up.

My question is what injectors do people recommend?!

The charger is currently running 8psi as standard, in the future I will look at running more.

I'm aiming for around 300 - 330bhp so need injectors to suit.

I've read about red top and green top but have read that the spray pattern on the EV1 is pretty dated now, this correct?!

Are ev6 better with the ev1 adaptor?!

What else are people running?!

Does anyone have these for sale or know any sites to get them?!

Much appreciated

Jake

Thanks Dave. I'm no expert on injectors, 630cc a little too big?! Can be mapped down but enough?!

That's a good price, where from?!

Yeah green are tried and tested but just heard there are far better now

Thanks

Jake

Thats the reason I opted for the siemens ones as the greens are getting dated now.

Here is a link dude, I also went for my fuel pump from these guys to £80 and lifetime warranty boasting better figures that the Walbro.  Benny is running a charger with that pump not sure on his injectors though.  Pretty awesome build thread of his worth a read.  It may be in there.

Link

http://fuelperformance.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=367_738&product_id=5290

Depend's on the injectors too, the 630's are quite old and slow compared with modern ones, I would prefer not to use them myself. I am a bit bias though as I have spoken to 5-0 about this for a few customers wanting vrt one's then these appeared on the market!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-1000cc-Fuel-Injectors-FLOW-MATCHED-VW-Golf-VR6-AAA-USE-E85-OXY-GAS-/261115795180

They look like they've modded/customized them the same way as the ME7 Black Ops one's we use for the mk4's, the latency times would suggest that. However you lot keep going the "money" route and go for the old 630's as them come in quite a bit cheaper with duties!  :rolleyes:  Your tuners would prefer you to spend a little more though!

Also, they gave me these times for generic 630/650cc USCAR one's they do compared with the Green Giant replacements and looking at the times you can see vast differences in them, it's why the old "they'll be really slow" argument is a little old hat now as you can see huge differences between same size and bigger ones being quicker than older smaller ones.

injector%20latency_zpsislntoqe.jpg

Point being, get as much info as you can on them as no two injectors are the same!

Just bought some siemans 630CC injectors to run on my turbo conversion.  A big choice is the Bosch 440 Big Greens tried and tested for years! 

Got my 630s for £240 delivered from a UK company...

Dave, did you get the times for those injectors? Ca you post them up so I can add them to the list?

Dave, did you get the times for those injectors? Ca you post them up so I can add them to the list?

Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)

Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa ) w/Gas: 60 lb/hr = 630 cc/min = 453 g/min

Static Flow Rate @ 87PSI ( 600kPa ) w/Gas: 85.7 lb/hr = 900 cc/min = 648 g/min

Gain: 0.11ms/mg

Offset: 0.055ms

Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms

Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa

Connector: Bosch EV1

Series: DEKA 4 ( DEKA IV )

Orifice Type: Multi-orifice

Spray Pattern: 30 Degree Spray Cone

Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings

Is this the info you need pal?

Coil Resistance: 12.5 Ohms / High Impedance / High-Z (No ECM driver modifications required)

Static Flow Rate @ 43.5PSI ( 300kPa ) w/Gas: 60 lb/hr = 630 cc/min = 453 g/min

Static Flow Rate @ 87PSI ( 600kPa ) w/Gas: 85.7 lb/hr = 900 cc/min = 648 g/min

Gain: 0.11ms/mg

Offset: 0.055ms

Turn on time @ 14VDC: 1.14ms

Turn off time: 0.85ms @ 600KPa

Connector: Bosch EV1

Series: DEKA 4 ( DEKA IV )

Orifice Type: Multi-orifice

Spray Pattern: 30 Degree Spray Cone

Factory fitted with Viton upper and lower o-rings

Is this the info you need pal?

Not quite, that was on the site wasn't it? 

You should really always get a set of dead times/latency info with any set of injectors so you can map them properly - above it's the turn on time which says 1.14ms@14V - if you look at the list I put up the 750cc Black Ops we use for the mk4 are 0.587ms which means they are twice as fast at that voltage - i.e. can turn on twice as fast and the custom USCAR 630cc ones are nearly 4 times as fast at 0.35ms. Some people will just mash the times on a tune so it runs right and you could get some decent idea from searching for a list like that as to what the times are for a better tune but you ideally want a copy for any tuning.

So it's the turn on time for all the other voltages I am after to add to the list really, I would think the shop had them even if thy didn't give you them?

I can email them and ask dude. What your asking is far beyond my knowledge I will check any paperwork supplied. Wasn't opening them until Michael sends me the lower intake he owes me so I can mount them straight away.

No worries, thought they might have given you a list.

Oh and dead times/turn on times are just how quick the injectors turn on and off as they never continously fire out fuel.

Edited by RBPE
  • 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Max, 

In general that was my shopping list:

[v] Rotrex c30-84
[v] Bigger injectors 440cm Bosch (green tops) 
[v] Rollers and tensioner
[v] Ribbed pulley
[v] Auxiliary/charger belt 
[v] Boost pipe to charger
[  ] Rising rate fuel pressure regulator
[  ] Oil reservoir 
[  ] Breather filter
[v] Oil lines
[v] Rotrex Fluid bottle with lines
[v] Air con / foam for air filter
[  ] Air filter relocation silicone hose
[v] Rotrex traction fluid
[  ] Silicon hose from the charger to the original inlet manifold
[  ] and 90* bend with the T fitter for the inlet of the charger
Clamps

Remap's been done by Stealth Racing. Also on the end I've decided to add Water - Meth system (AEM) and a boost gauge. 

Edited by bluemotion