Turbo Build

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wouldn't really make a difference in "strength" per se, maybe ratio at torque level v's rpm. If you want longevity, I would literally think of it this way; 1. "Is my gearbox in good condition?" -

Time to start taking out the engine After a few days i finally got the engine out

Right, been busy recently as I have finally gotten a job and time for an update on the build, I have just bought Ky's 3.0 Litre block with forged pistons , turbo manifold and ht leads, Ive ordered a s

Posted Images

Right so finally got my engine back so now for some building , seeing as all the bolts and bits for the engine are in bags and half of them aren't labelled this is going to be fun lol
Got a few bits on like the oil filter housing , rear mount , crank sensor and started with the oil cooler but need to buy the UM external oil cooler pipe to in both OEM oil cooler and my Mocal external oil cooler
IMG_2080.JPGIMG_2080.JPG

Right I need a bit of advice , I've timed the bottom half of the engine as the head is not ready , piston 1 is at tdc and the ground tooth opposite the main cap split , but I couldn't seem to get the intermediate shady sprocket bang on , it's about 1mm right of the guide mark behind the sprocket is that anything to worry about or do I have to re do it ?

Getting a little bit further with the build , got my head back from the machine shop with 1.8mm bigger inconel exhaust valves and supertech intake valves with new guides , stem seals , HD Valve springs and titanium retainers, also got the head skimmed , hot tanked and pressure tested.
Put the mk4 MLS headgasket with the ARP head studs on and the SRI on IMG_2158.thumb.JPG.e09b5c12a438e292ceb9c

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a Walbro 400 inline fuel pump and decided to have a crack at fitting it in place of the standard pump , the only thing is I can only get it to a certain point and the pump won't go further down , any advice on if this will be ok or do I need to find a way to get it to come down more ?
IMG_1475863290.715231.thumb.jpg.b5154931