Where can I buy MSD coil packs from?

Hi guys as the title really I am looking to purchase some MSD coil packs and a bracket to suit the VR. Can anyone advise on where I can buy them from? Ideally in the UK.

Thanks

Ship them in from these guys Ibs. There by far the cheapest and although the coils are on eBay the brackets are made by these guys.

They offer a package as well as diagrams on how to wire them up and a resistor you need to use.

Have a look mate......

http://www.vr6coilbracket.com/new-web-store

Ship them in from these guys Ibs. There by far the cheapest and although the coils are on eBay the brackets are made by these guys.

They offer a package as well as diagrams on how to wire them up and a resistor you need to use.

Have a look mate......http://www.vr6coilbracket.com/new-web-store

Thanks for the reply Carl I did see that site but was wandering what alternative places there were.

I looked all over pal and found these to be the cheapest as they offer the package. They even sell the genuine plug lead ends as a kit so you don't have to buy a set of the leads. My pal converted his magnacors. And they ship with DHL mate so pretty quick. Ebay sell the coils packs at £55.00 each but then you still have to buy the bracket and ship it and make a wireing kit for it. Plus the plug leads.

I ran the MSD coils and they weren't really worth the hassle imo.

I ended up using one of these, which fits into the stock coilpack's ally cradle with some very minor modifications.   https://shop.vems.hu/catalog/bosch-motorsport-ignition-p-113.html

Cheers fishwick. To be honest I was only really wanting to go down the msd route for the looks. I'm getting annoyed with seeing the ugly vr6 coilpack every time I open the bonnet. In your opinion the msd weren't worse than the original vr6 one were they?

Is the alternative you bought supposed to be better than the original vr6 one?

I looked all over pal and found these to be the cheapest as they offer the package. They even sell the genuine plug lead ends as a kit so you don't have to buy a set of the leads. My pal converted his magnacors. And they ship with DHL mate so pretty quick. Ebay sell the coils packs at £55.00 each but then you still have to buy the bracket and ship it and make a wireing kit for it. Plus the plug leads.

I was looking at the package on the usrallyteam site as there one comes with new leads with the right angle connectors for an extra $50

I was going to order it from them at the same time I order the throttle body spacer for my meth injector.

Yeah the usrallyteam are another good place. Think they all come with right angle connector on one end anyway. The 50$ extra is for right angles ends with embossed MSD logos on. They look cool.

Yea your right duhhh dunno what I was thinking, they do all have right angle connectors on one side. The usrallyteam package doesn't have the msd leads it comes with 8mm genesis leads. I wonder if the msd leads are 8 or 10mm any idea?

Cheers fishwick. To be honest I was only really wanting to go down the msd route for the looks. I'm getting annoyed with seeing the ugly vr6 coilpack every time I open the bonnet. In your opinion the msd weren't worse than the original vr6 one were they?

Is the alternative you bought supposed to be better than the original vr6 one?

Fair enough mate :)   The MSD coils are huge though!  Yes they weren't as reliable as the stock coils.  2 failed on me.  Gave up on importing them after that and I noticed no difference what so ever using them either. 

People use them because they can run a bigger spark, but it makes no difference.  Stock coils with suitable plugs gapped properly is all you need.  Just like you burn a house down with a match, if the air/fuel ratio is correct, you only need a small spark to ignite it ;)

The Bosch coilpack worked well for me over 60K miles with a turbo.  It doesn't crack like the original VR6 one does, but I think the spark strength is roughly the same.  It worked really really well and looked factory, which I like personally :)

Edited by FishWick