One 3.0 VR6 fresh out of the Machine shop, so happy to see this! Just need to get my wedding out the way in march then its schimmel shopping time all the head components the cams and the con rods are getting shipped over then its down to business! ps TSR performance has some really good stuff on it.

IMG_4998.JPG

Edited by ky_uk
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So now my HT leads fit my bonnet struts look quality I stole that idea from the guys at the tatton park show all plugs and injectors changed I now continue to wait for parts ps I can't wait to drive

Off the ground for the last time, the next time this touches the floor it will be drove to stealth!

White block finished spraying!!!!!!!

Posted Images

While the engine is out, drain the power steering, and chop the bend off the end off the power steering cooling pipe (pipe that runs in front of crossmember). 

It will make the pipe that goes to the power steering tank sit a lot better. And you can use the standard mounting point instead of cable ties. I did it on my black one. 

Get there buddy, keep it up man! 

I know the cable ties are terrible! I've finally got myself a garage and 4 stands so tomorrow I am taking everything out and lifting it of the ground so I can seriously attack it and remove the subframe all the running gear, i am even taking the wings off and treating underneath the car also going to spray the engine bay, I have finally come to the conclusion that I am going to drive the car on the road and track I want it to be perfect so I am not rushing anymore and I have now stopped dreaming and I am settling with the idea of 3.0VR6T or in the future Twins, my goal is now to replace as much as possible so it's totally mint and have it running at 500 mark. I have no intention of every selling this car I would rather sell my Jaguar and be 60 years old driving to the shop in my awesome track car lol.

Don't twin turbo it. Not in my opinion anyway. 

It can be done, but it's more meant for V6 and V8's with twin cylinder heads and 45 degree Pistons. 

So many issues with balancing turbos and getting them set up identical as they run in to the same cylinder head on VR's and any engine with single cylinder head. 

Turbo and supercharged now that's different story this can be done, but you need to select both chargers very carefully for it to work well. As lots of people are mislead when it comes to superchargers... the different types of supercharger. And how the different types of chargers produce boost, and at What point dose that type of charger make boost. 

But the easiest way to get bigger power (over 350-400) from a VR is a decent engine setup with a very good single turbo.  And an 02M gearbox. 

Thats my two cents dude :) 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
They sound amazing on ITB's!! 

but it will make less power than turbo. 

Yeah I know it's less power but I just don't see the point in putting a turbo on mine anymore, I only want to use it as a track car