V6 4motion turbo build thread

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm driving it every day since I finished it and have experienced no problems. 

I'll be interested to see how the intercooler stacks up, was looking at them for some of the lower powered builds but thought they might be a bit small for the flow these cars can generate. We've got a similar one that is longer and a bit thicker but is twice as much as those - keep us in the loop on it mate!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm not sure you understand how turbo boost works.  Boost is what you set it to, and will stay at that psi. Unless you want more power, then you can turn it up. 

Because I'm on standard pistons and conrods I don't want to push the power too high so have set my boost level to around 15psi to be safe. I have run over 20 briefly. Also using the plastic intake manifold so dont want that to break. If I wanted to I could turn it up to 30psi but things would start to go bang. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello there,

This is my first post in this forum which am proud to be part of!!!

Sorry for posting on an old thread, but would like very much to know what you did for clearance of the downpipe, I could barely fit a 2.5" which have like 5mm from the 4motion propshaft rubber ring and the body?

do you have any pic ?

• 4 years later...