The body shop in question have been horrendous, went down to give the final payment and noticed the filler cap repair had a paint lip visible on the rear quarter, the tailgate plinth had cobwebs stuck in the paint and wasn't even fully painted. 

The part owner of the shop lashed out and threatened to smash the car up after I mentioned the two above things that I wanted fixing before final payment. The signed Contract says they didn't want payment untill I was satisfied with the work.

Will give full details of the 'bodyshop' when I have my car back. I stripped the entire car bar the tailgate and some replacement doors, they asked to do this themselves but I have now discovered that they cut the tailgate wiring loom in half and destroyed the window rubbers. 

IMG_1606.thumb.JPG.4980527bce582ad1c46c40ccc331c322.JPG 

Edited by rsweeney
On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 11:10 PM, rsweeney said:

The body shop in question have been horrendous, went down to give the final payment and noticed the filler cap repair had a paint lip visible on the rear quarter, the tailgate plinth had cobwebs stuck in the paint and wasn't even fully painted. 

The part owner of the shop lashed out and threatened to smash the car up after I mentioned the two above things that I wanted fixing before final payment. The signed Contract says they didn't want payment untill I was satisfied with the work.

Will give full details of the 'bodyshop' when I have my car back. I stripped the entire car bar the tailgate and some replacement doors, they asked to do this themselves but I have now discovered that they cut the tailgate wiring loom in half and destroyed the window rubbers. 

IMG_1606.thumb.JPG.4980527bce582ad1c46c40ccc331c322.JPG 

All I can say is I feel your pain/anger/frustration. My VR has not long since been back from having paint work/rust treated removed etc done, Merc vent in front wing (I supplied) rear boot badge delete and smooth and front wings, bonnet and boot painted.. Now before car went in the bloke said he would remove rear screen to treat rust problem at the time of badge delete, front wing off to cut hole and weld in vent. The list goes on but this is to name just a few.

Now whilst all this was being done I called over on a whim to see that the boot had been painted without the rear screen having been removed and the d=ck had even masked round the number plate (wtf) and the boot still had 2 tiny dints in which he didn't sort before painting. On looking further the front wing hadn't been taken off and the hole for the vent and vent had been welded in place with it still in situ, as I can now see this as there is rust and the original white paint on the inside of the vent.

Further more after he had painted the bonnet there had obviously been a reaction/silicones in the paint as there were a few tiny pot marks? He said these were stone chips.?

Stones chips I asked? He said you never said sort the stone chips, just paint the bonnet... Who paints something without sorting it out beforehand?

Anyhoo on final finish of all paint work etc I go to pick car up to find runs in the lacquer and sanding marks under the paintwork to which he said, I think you're being a bit picky....

The bloke is a complete tool..

Thing is though he restores Splitscreen campers and the like and that's his business. With the work he did on my VR its a wonder he's got a business....:wacko:

On 2017-5-27 at 5:56 PM, VR6 Supercharged said:

All I can say is I feel your pain/anger/frustration. My VR has not long since been back from having paint work/rust treated removed etc done, Merc vent in front wing (I supplied) rear boot badge delete and smooth and front wings, bonnet and boot painted.. Now before car went in the bloke said he would remove rear screen to treat rust problem at the time of badge delete, front wing off to cut hole and weld in vent. The list goes on but this is to name just a few.

Now whilst all this was being done I called over on a whim to see that the boot had been painted without the rear screen having been removed and the d=ck had even masked round the number plate (wtf) and the boot still had 2 tiny dints in which he didn't sort before painting. On looking further the front wing hadn't been taken off and the hole for the vent and vent had been welded in place with it still in situ, as I can now see this as there is rust and the original white paint on the inside of the vent.

Further more after he had painted the bonnet there had obviously been a reaction/silicones in the paint as there were a few tiny pot marks? He said these were stone chips.?

Stones chips I asked? He said you never said sort the stone chips, just paint the bonnet... Who paints something without sorting it out beforehand?

Anyhoo on final finish of all paint work etc I go to pick car up to find runs in the lacquer and sanding marks under the paintwork to which he said, I think you're being a bit picky....

The bloke is a complete tool..

Thing is though he restores Splitscreen campers and the like and that's his business. With the work he did on my VR its a wonder he's got a business....:wacko:

Thats awful, people need to know exactly what these places are like. There are still stone chip marks under the new paint on the bonnet on mine but thats the least of my issues to be honest.

the body shop - 

Auto body craft

Unit 9 Double Arches Farm

Eastern Way

Heath and reach 

Leighton buzzard

LU7 9LF

http://www.autobodycraft.co.uk/locations.html

I advise everyone to avoid using this body shop on basis that the work is horrendous and the part owner is very aggressive. In my case he went to the extent of criminal damage by cutting multiple wiring looms on the car, not to mention afterwards threatening to take  a hammer and smash the car to pieces.

Edited by rsweeney

Inside the sills are  filled with mig wire

IMG_1658.JPGEdit

On pulling the masking tape off gently the paint comes straight with it. This is inside the door  the same has happened on the bonnet and door apertures.IMG_1649.JPG

Edited by rsweeney

Mate, Ive just read from start to finish..

What an utter bunch of cowboys... Ultimate cunny funts to cut the loom and all your other nightmares. 

Obviously did not know what they were doing with a Mk3 or just wanted the job out the door as soon as so they could carry on with other things. Bunch of tosspots mate.. 

Pissed off doesn't even come close I've just unpacked the box of packaged parts which the body shop removed and found more damage.

If anyone has or knows where I can get these looms window regulators lock mechs or window seals in good condition it would be much appreciated.

IMG_1697.JPG.08d5005e0f97bcfe373967c0b05c48d6.JPGIMG_1703.JPG.cddf3da4696d6df6137f04ceb71dd527.JPGIMG_1717.JPG.4b795af0b02de0fea1aae0cc89824f43.JPGIMG_1714.JPG.b5d1dafed3251d9f605d8c5468ba59b1.JPGIMG_1719.JPG.c705add8874cd6fa49e72243f729206b.JPGIMG_1712.JPG.0ccd35eafaeb0e0ac2f31764fbf7a98d.JPGIMG_1704.JPG.14b9c777e51cf930c13e8876cfd3dca1.JPG

Edited by rsweeney
  • 2 weeks later...
Absolutely shocking mate, hopefully some of our members may be able to help in replacing the parts that are damaged.

cowboys!

Thanks mate yeah I'm absolutely gutted, if anyone has any of the broken parts kicking round that they're selling it would be a great help struggling at the mo !
  • 1 year later...