Hi all,

I am looking for someone to replace my heater matrix on a 97 Highline,, Not sure if this the done thing on here to post for jobs, but if anyone is willing & very able (i.e done a few b4) , please do get in touch before i go down the garage route.

Cheers

steve

Hi,, think Manchester prob a bit too much of an ask,, and i really want someone who has done this job pref a few times (although i am sure u are more than capable),, as its a real pig and this will definitely save time,, but thx anyhow..!

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

It's very tedious, not all that bad though! id seriously recommend changing the foam on the panels inside the ducting whilst your at it as I'm having to strip down the dash again for this

Funny enough I have to do the same to mine.

It's just time consuming mostly.

All the plugs are different so you can't mix them up. The only issue is not losing any screws and remembering which one is for where.

It's very tedious, not all that bad though! id seriously recommend changing the foam on the panels inside the ducting whilst your at it as I'm having to strip down the dash again for this

is that to do with the heating? i only get slightly warm air now! the foam was fecked!

Funny enough I have to do the same to mine.

It's just time consuming mostly.

All the plugs are different so you can't mix them up. The only issue is not losing any screws and remembering which one is for where.

Out of interest what are you using to replace the foam ?

Yeah I only get slightly warm air and it's because all of the foam has come off the heater control doors !

Going to replace it with some HVac tape someone recommend using

same as mine, got to white the dash out again! is it a heater box out again? i cant remember

dyno mat would probably do the job nicely come to think of it, better than a bit of tape !

I think it's heater box removal unless you can split the box inside the car after removing dash I will let you know as I'm doing it very soon !

Edited by rsweeney