hello from saffron walden

Hi, well picked up the vr6 yesterday and had a great drive home, car is amazing condition with only 54000 miles and i can't find any rust anywhere, runs beautifully. The bonnet is the only let down as the lacquer is peeling so I am looking for another correct coloured bonnet. This was all great until today when I let my lovely wife drive to cambridge and she promptly rear ended a car with a tow ball, mint bumper is now fubared. It has bent the bumper iron which stopped just short of the radiator so could have been worse. Wife will now be sleeping outside.

has anyone used Stevens vw dismantlers near chelmsford. I am going to go there this week to try and get the replacement bits I need but can't see from their website if thats possible or if you can only order online. I prefer going in person and seeing what i am buying. Also the front bumper now has a big dent in the top black more rigid part, is it possible to heat this and try to bend it back or am i wasting my time?

has anyone used Stevens vw dismantlers near chelmsford. I am going to go there this week to try and get the replacement bits I need but can't see from their website if thats possible or if you can only order online. I prefer going in person and seeing what i am buying. Also the front bumper now has a big dent in the top black more rigid part, is it possible to heat this and try to bend it back or am i wasting my time?

No, just replace if poss. Stevens are pretty good, they're about 10 mins from me and the parts are guaranteed too. They are on eBay too!

HI bennyK, I have managed to do a pretty good repair on the bumper today with a heat gun, if you didn't know it had been bent I don't think you would see it. However the bumper iron/crossmember is well bent so I need a new one and would be interested in yours please, what are you looking for it, what other bits do you have as I am after a few? cheers

I am now back on the road, thanks to bennyk for some of the bits I needed and a trip to Stevens vw dismantlers in chelmsford for the rest. I have managed to do a few miles and am loving the car, I will post some photos when I work out how to but it is a very unexciting standard vr6 and I intend to keep it that way. I have removed the wife's driving privileges until further notice.