I should know but I don't for certain, I would think it does matter because it's relevant to the twin line safety system. If you burst a brake hose at the front driver side, you will still have limited braking, on the passenger side front and driver side rear. Opposite corners are normally piped independently. I'll see if I ca trace a bit further later on for you.

Same goes with the 2 rear lines, they do need to be in the right places for the abs pump to apply and release the correct wheel when a lock up is detected.

ok thanks also on the loom that goes the wheels on the part after the connector to main abs loom i have a spare connector on both sides inside the engine bay any idea what its for? I have 2 in the wheel arches i know one is for the abs sensor and i belive the other is for the brake pad wear sensors, Does this sound correct?

It does for sure yes, if your not worried about pad wear sensors, a simple bridge wire on this system will knock the light off. I once fitted black diamond pads which didn't have sensors and that's what I did. Worked back then anyhow.

Most pad wear systems nowadays use the sensor as an earth onto the disc, whereas from memory these are different.

I've got genuine bosch pads back in mine now with the sensors plugged in.

I gotta say, it's a mammoth task fitting abs so fair play to you. ECU, looms, excited rings, pipe work, sensors and dash warning system etc.

Also, number 6 port on pump is the front of master, closest to the engine.

I just don't see the point of all the effort to fit something that's been superceeded by a better system with easier to get hold of parts, all brakes are individually controlled rather than having the rear brake compensator which seizes up.  Its also less brake lines to make.

I just don't see the point of all the effort to fit something that's been superceeded by a better system with easier to get hold of parts, all brakes are individually controlled rather than having the rear brake compensator which seizes up.  Its also less brake lines to make.

are you saying the breaks use the rear brake compensator valve on the rear beam?