What cloth's do y'all use....?

Hey there guys...

Just a quick question about cloth's.

What do you guys use when polishing/ waxing your cars?

Most people seem to either use 100% cotton towels, or microfibre cloths, or that stockinette roll stuff.

I used to use old cotton t-shirts and towels, but I was reading on Meguiars website that mircofibre cloth is the best...

What's the score - which is best?

Most places sell these micro fibre cloths for silly prices (I've seen some for

I've found that foam appliactor pads are the best thing for putting most products on and I use meguiars microfibre towels for buffing wax/polish off... it is worth spending a bit extra and getting quality cloths as they make the job easier and give better results

I've found that foam appliactor pads are the best thing for putting most products on and I use meguiars microfibre towels for buffing wax/polish off... it is worth spending a bit extra and getting quality cloths as they make the job easier and give better results

same here

me too !lol

• 3 weeks later...

Thanx for the advice guys...

I've tried Brillo pads before (JaysVR6) - !amazed !lol - doesn't quite have the desired effect!!!!

I found a local supermarket (NETTO - went in for some cheap beer for a party!!!) selling microfibre cloths for under a quid so bought a load... They worked fine for me and saved me loads of dosh. I'm most happy with the results (don't ask for photo's cos I don't know how to post them - when I can I'll post some either on this thread or on my welcome note).

Cheers again guys....

• 1 year later...

100% cotton mutton cloth, auto glym do it called the perfect polishing cloth, but you can get it in big bags from halfords for a fraction of the cost, then when all thats done give it a go over with auto glym hi tec finishing cloth(red) just for the final buff, it makes a huge difference

• 4 weeks later...

100% cotton mutton cloth' date=' auto glym do it called the perfect polishing cloth, but you can get it in big bags from halfords for a fraction of the cost, then when all thats done give it a go over with auto glym hi tec finishing cloth(red) just for the final buff, it makes a huge difference

[/quote']

This is exactly what I use with the Autoglym SRP/EGP combo and have had great results.

Autoglym ultra deep shine is a new one out, that is designed for dark paint in place of srp. It does seem to make the colour deeper on my mystic blue vr, then an hour later a layer of egp, then 24hrs later a layer of p21s carnuba, then a final buff with hi tec finishing cloth, itll look quality!! But the next day the carnuba will have cured and youll come out to work to be greeted by wet looking paintwork!! important thing is to leave about 1hr curing time between buffing off one polish layer and applying the next thing

The pic is b4 I did the carnuba layer

l_15bc988cb6adc6b41f7f5b08a2dba520.jpg