• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you pay cheap you will get cheap. Trust me, been there, done that, wished I neved did....

Decent bodyshops are usually epensive as they spend far longer on the "Prep" of the car. That is what takes the timne and that is what bumps up the cost.

Throwing a coat of paint on the top is the most simple part of the job and by far the easiest. If the prep is poor, the paint will be poor.

When you say you found him expensive, what did you want doing and how much was quoted ? Perhaps people here can offer opinions as to what is expnsive or not ?

For example from personal experiance you can spen £1k on a full respray and £3k on a respray and the difference is staggering.

My local VW dealership has their own body shop, and I've seen their warranty work on a mates bora that went rusty within 10 years, and to be fair the finish and overall job was brilliant. They don't charge silly money by any means, I got quoted by them 150 to paint a rear bumper.

Always worth a thought trying the dealership for a quote was my point but I rambled.