98 Golf estate >> VR6 build

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of an update..     Full BDE engine 73k.     VR6 base loom for MFA and got passenger airbag.     Clocks and ECU     VR fuel pump, all the Mk3 VR parts came from the same donor car.     Heres m

Off to fetch the engine, looms, ECU, Dbw pedal today. Ive got most of the conversion parts now (he says!). Fuel pump and exhaust still need sorting. Looms wont be done till poss Sept though as the cha

Front 3/4 standing shot...its raining. Coilovers and wheels fitted, still need to get tracking done and a spacer on the rear. Had dents removed, mopped and detailed, now needs a wash. And an engine ch

6c6590426694d46a6085653340eaf00e.jpg

09dd55ff8a002099133f5957c2cabb10.jpg

77fcde1f2fe99718ae78326f9294ddb0.jpg

A but optimistic with my time...but it's in. Need a full set of vr6 coolant hoses if anyone has any.

Pics show bracket fabbed for dbw mk4 pedal. I've kept the template and location dims if anyone needs it in future I can make a drawing.

Engine is sitting a bit jaunty so have a new engine mount to test. Or should it lean down on the airbox side a a bit?
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure you've all been perched on the edge of your seats with this one....happy to say today it's started on the key! No downpipe at all so sounds meaty as **$#. Few things to finish off then custom exhaust time. Thanks for all the help you lot and hopefully meet you at a show! I'm going outside now to annoy the neighbours. I know i know...video to follow.

I'm sure you've all been perched on the edge of your seats with this one....happy to say today it's started on the key! No downpipe at all so sounds meaty as **$#. Few things to finish off then custom exhaust time. Thanks for all the help you lot and hopefully meet you at a show! I'm going outside now to annoy the neighbours. I know i know...video to follow.

• 2 months later...

Had the Mk3 24v wagon taxed and on the road now for a few weeks. Had a full exhaust and downpipe at Infinity. 3 coilpacks died on the first long run so replaced all 6 for new. No issues lately. Really happy with the result, it pulls so well all the way through the range...and that noise. Handed out a couple of dual carriageway tailgater surprises. 280mm brakes seem to be up to the job too. If anyone is considering swapping a 24v Mk3 swap, do it. It'll put a smile on your face.