98 Golf estate >> VR6 build

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of an update..     Full BDE engine 73k.     VR6 base loom for MFA and got passenger airbag.     Clocks and ECU     VR fuel pump, all the Mk3 VR parts came from the same donor car.     Heres m

Off to fetch the engine, looms, ECU, Dbw pedal today. Ive got most of the conversion parts now (he says!). Fuel pump and exhaust still need sorting. Looms wont be done till poss Sept though as the cha

Front 3/4 standing shot...its raining. Coilovers and wheels fitted, still need to get tracking done and a spacer on the rear. Had dents removed, mopped and detailed, now needs a wash. And an engine ch

I just became a paid member as figured im going to ask a lot more q's...I noticed a discount benefit with Vibra Tech, which brings me to ask what engine mounts are you all running? Id rather be on the stiffer end of half way between but not competition. Any recommendations/warnings?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Errmm, havent had much free time lately but getting back on it now. Loom is going off to be done soon so that will be a major step forward. Got a Sachs clutch on now & just ordered some of the most expensive bolts in the world from VW to mate the box back onto block.

Changed crack pipe and thermostat in the last 2 months, real progress. Cheers.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Daveyboy. Honestly not got much done. Looms away now being done. Bit of a wait but will be done properly. When the weathers a bit warmer I can get back to the Moto commute and take the golf off the road. Everything parts wise in the garage, just the usual busy busy. I'm going to say by end of March it'll be under way. 👷

• 1 month later...

Its begun...finally. The rear beam bushes completely went on friday so theres the excuse to take it off the road. Started on Sunday morning and have the monster of a 1.8 engine and box ready to pull out except releasing the cable clutch...which i might just cut to save the headache of wasted life spent in a mk3 pedal box. Anyway happy to have started.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...