98 Golf estate >> VR6 build

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of an update..     Full BDE engine 73k.     VR6 base loom for MFA and got passenger airbag.     Clocks and ECU     VR fuel pump, all the Mk3 VR parts came from the same donor car.     Heres m

Off to fetch the engine, looms, ECU, Dbw pedal today. Ive got most of the conversion parts now (he says!). Fuel pump and exhaust still need sorting. Looms wont be done till poss Sept though as the cha

Front 3/4 standing shot...its raining. Coilovers and wheels fitted, still need to get tracking done and a spacer on the rear. Had dents removed, mopped and detailed, now needs a wash. And an engine ch

Tbh I can't remember what I was going to use, I have it somewhere written down...24v manifold and 12v downpipe? I'll need a custom rear exhaust I think with the estate.

This is not what I was thinking as it doesn't fit. It's a 6 branch or cut and weld I think.

I had my mate cut and weld up the 12v down pipe and used the standard cat

There are some stainless down pipes. Cheap on eBay http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271824390855

Looking good so far

Make sure you get good brake pads and brake fluid as you will boil the fluid with them small brakes if your an enthusiastic driver specially with the extra weight of the estate

Bit of an update..

IMAG0820_zpsa9gpa4fi.jpg

Full BDE engine 73k.

IMAG0850_zpsfl0bgcm9.jpg

VR6 base loom for MFA and got passenger airbag.

IMAG0816_zpsio37hiwn.jpg

Clocks and ECU

IMAG0841_zps6nmegfb7.jpg

VR fuel pump, all the Mk3 VR parts came from the same donor car.

IMAG0817_zpswzxiblcz.jpg

Heres my DBW pedal and loom from same car as engine and ECU. Needs the mount sorting for Mk3 pedal box. 2 spd fan controller to go with rad fans from Mk3 donor.

IMAG0836_zps3lmf0b6j.jpg

Got round to cleaning up calipers for paint.

Got most of the main parts now aside from fixings...

Cant turn a spanner till the looms get done. Will be getting ECU sent of for immo defeat in the meantime along with new clutch and get engine and box mated. Got the whole pedal box from the donor so will be getting clutch clip housing welded up. I dont want to be in that pedal box anytime soon.

Looking forward to getting this lot off the garage floor and in.

I will have the A/C pump if it's free lol

You using standard clutch and flywheel? Or you having the flywheel lightened? I got a 4.4kg flywheel and the engine revs up very well and it's quick in the first few gears so quick that the Rev gauge didn't keep up in 1st and 2nd lol

Hav you got all 4 lambda sensors for the 24v? See if you can find someone selling a 4mo down pipe with all the lambda sensors

Maybe try the 4mo down pipe if you have time ??

I'd recommend stealth to do the work on the ecu

Edited by Mk3highline