mk2 golf vr6 syncro???

yeah ive seen it before - ive got a feature of one in an old PVW/golfmag from a year or two ago..... lot of work on this one though as it was a std GTI before it was turned into this monster- it was jazz blue..... absolutely spotless too...

• 1 year later...

my syncro is LHD but three door, u have to convert the drivetrain. Dutchdub gives some info on converting g60 as its got the wider transmission tunnel just needs some brackets. Its possible to fit haldex with a modified rear diff, but the wiring should be a good laugh! A lot of info on vwvortex, some at dutchdub and some on vwsyncro. Loads of reading and customisation.

no there is nothing you can do if you want to keep it vr6 running gear. no one makes any stronger parts for the vr6 rear diff that would help. ive been told it should be ok for about 340bhp. you could use a heldex rear diff and a gearbox transfur box to suit. but mine seems to be coping at the mo and that 500+ so will have to wait and see!!!

you can not use a heldex diff on a mk3 gear box you would have to use a mk4 or i think an audi tt box may be golf rallye but not sure but a heldex system can almost handle any thing! mate of mine is running 650bhp on one !!

You can use a haldex diff albeit you need the sensors to make it work. Unless you use a permanent fixed bias controller. PSITuning were looking into this for me but i havent gone back to them yet...