Considering buying

Oo, I saw this one, but I want a 3 door model, as I am also looking to buy one.

Only thing to note would be the door trim is missing on the drivers side.

EDIT: Also I've seen Golf VR6 5 door in better condition go for for a few hundred quid lower.

Edited by KieranH

Ahh yes. The door trim is included within the sale.

Other than that not convinced it's a high line though which is a bit disappointing.

Where have you seen cheaper ones? This didn't sell last time it was on eBay, he dropped the price to £1595 last time.

What makes you think it's not a highline? Only highlines came in mulberry.

Or black before someone points it out!!

Rust:- bottom of the front wings, on the sills right by the bottom of the front wings, the wings collect crap off the rd and rot and that spreads to the sills.

Also there's what look like drain bungs on the floor pan and they tend to rot also.

The tailgate and bottom of the doors, sometimes top of windscreen and finally rear arches.

Is that all of the car?

Edited by Bealieboy

A few things that put me off it from first glance...

Front and rear badges I do not think are from a Highline.

Door cards on a highline are ribbed where your elbow sits. As in there is stitching running along them. I don't see that on this.

I also don't recall a highline having the plastic sill covers running along the sides...

There is already rust on the tailgate, which would indicate a high likelihood of rust elsewhere.... Underneath that you cannot see.

But having said all that. It does have some other highline bits, such as the gearknob and centre console.

Climate control is rare, even in a highline so that's a plus point but I cannot see the dash to verify it.

I guess if it's a 4 1/2 hour drive for you but you like the car, I would at the very least ask to get some photo's of the underside of the car. The sills and front jacking points would be a minimum.

Hope this helps in some way :-)

The vr6 badges aren't highline one but the vw badge in the boot is. Now there could be a simple explanation for that. They could of been stolen. Now I'm not totally sure on the door cards, I thought they were ribbed, I know the colour concept ones weren't obviously this ain't a colour concept as they were just in the GTI range.

It still looks like a good fairly genuine and untouched base to start with

The vr6 badges aren't highline one but the vw badge in the boot is. Now there could be a simple explanation for that. They could of been stolen. Now I'm not totally sure on the door cards, I thought they were ribbed, I know the colour concept ones weren't obviously this ain't a colour concept as they were just in the GTI range.

It still looks like a good fairly genuine and untouched base to start with

They are ribbed pal. Also highlines were only in black and mulberry. It's defo a highline. I think I'd probably hpi check it first. It might of had new doors and door cards replaced. Edited by VR6CABBS