Hi all,

I've recently bought my first vr6 and been stitched up at every turn. Sorted most of the issues, but this one is troubling me, the clutch bite point is quite quickly making its way toward the floor as if the clutch travel is getting less and less. soon the biting point will be at the floor and I wont be able to shift gear. Could this be the clutch cable, release bearing, or something much worse???

Does anyone have any info or previous experience with this? any help would be greatfully recieved

Many thanks in advance

Alex

Hi Alex

I've got the same problem, but I haven't had time to sort it out yet!! I posted about it a few months ago and big j was very helpful. Go into vr6oc hangout, then discussion and type in "low biting point" into the search at the top of the screen (I am using tapatalk) then it should be the 8th one down. You should find this very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

It now seems the clutch slave cylinder has decided to dump all the nice new dot 4 i put in, i mean it was literally flowing out!! :(

So my question(s) to you, the collective, what is the best or easiest way to fix this? does anyone know of anywhere that does a repaire kit / recon parts?? or is new from TPS the best way forwards?

Also a rough ida on price would be nice so i know im not getting ripped off! :lol:

Cheers

That's good news,,,,,,, in a way!!!at least it's not the clutch fork coz you have to take the box out. I'd fit new, you can pick up new slave cylinder on eBay for about £50 it is advised to fit a new master cylinder at the same time, their about £50 as well. Don't know how much a garage would charge to fit them.