hey guys, i drive a 94 golf vr6 

recently my left rear window wen't down then never came back up again, i took the lining off the door (took long enough) and the motor is still working fine, but isn't pushing the window up for some reason, then today, the right rear window could't be controlled from the passenger button only from the console button i swapped the working left side button to the right side but it didn't work, the button on the console to cancel the rear windows from opening isn't working either, I have recently put a subwoofer in my car which was installed correctly with an amp (it can hold the watts), my father thinks that might be the problem, but i'm starting to think this may be an electrical issue, anybody had any of these problems before? iv'e heard these models are infamous for their windows to break at some point aha 

Hiya. Probably a red herring with the sub.

Check the wiring going into the door from the body. Sometimes I've known the wires to wear through. But problems like this your looking at getting your multi meter out to see where the issue lies :(

I'm sure others will have some other good ideas though.

• 3 weeks later...