Remap is it worth it.

I've been doing a lot of reading in to the vr6 what to do and what can be done.

But I was wondering is it worth remapping an obd1 vr

My vr6 b4 Passat has a 2.9 air intake and throttle body. It will also have a stainless exhaust cat back (until I fit a de-cat later) and an induction kit

I've been told I should see gains of 14-19bhp from and remap but is it worth the expence of them.

(I actually didnt think it could be mapped)

Any feed back would be great. Negative or positive.

Thanks guys

The best gains of a good remap in all honesty is not so much gains of bhp however, what is a noticeable difference is much better throttle response & a bit more grunt with an increased torque curve. Top end is slightly increased too, plus a slightly better MPG!

Bhp is of course also increased but if you really want good decent gains then you'll wanna go down the more expensive route of changing cams, decreasing crank load, exhaust manifold, sports cats, exhaust etc...

Anyway the answer to your question in my opinion is yes a remap is worth it, but don't expect massive gains!!

Mk4motionVR6

Cheers for the feed back

I didn't think the obd1 vr could be mapped so it is a bonus really.

I wouldn't just get it mapped I have a list of this to do first. Which you mentioned mk4motionVR6

The only thinks I will be leaving off are the cams. And will be de-cat rather than sports cat.

All in good time though.

Edited by B4VR6

Sorry mate I didn't explain myself properly.. With regards to mapping, on an obd1 you can either by an upgrade chip or have one specifically custom mapped for your car.

Here a link to anther thread on hear that can help explain a little more for you...

http://www.vr6oc.com/forum/topic/29376-my-stock-golf-mk3-vr6-28-could-use-a-little-more-power/