I have a VR in the MK2 which has an induction cone which sits behind the drivers side headlight.

The inlet tube had a `Stroeve` tag on it but the cone looks a bit tired.

So I was thinking of changing the cone to freshen up the engine bay but would also love something that sounds a bit more lairy with more induction roar.

What do you guys recommend, links would be good, the louder the better ^_^  just plan to change the cone for now.

cheers

Paul

Look out for a used one paular, I'm pretty sure a golf 1.8t fits too. Looking at serial numbers prior to buying my used one I noticed vr6 and 1.8t have the same 85/150 designation but the latter has an adapter to fit onto the 1.8t maf. I'm 99.9% sure that is removable and therefore becomes suitable for the vr6. You'll also need an 82mm diameter silicone pipe to go from your maf to the bmc, easily sourced from eBay!

Look out for a used one paular, I'm pretty sure a golf 1.8t fits too. Looking at serial numbers prior to buying my used one I noticed vr6 and 1.8t have the same 85/150 designation but the latter has an adapter to fit onto the 1.8t maf. I'm 99.9% sure that is removable and therefore becomes suitable for the vr6. You'll also need an 82mm diameter silicone pipe to go from your maf to the bmc, easily sourced from eBay!

Cheers matey

Cheers fella.

Found one on a local forum for sale, think its from an AUDI A3 8L 1.8T.

Reckon that will go onto that blue hose?

Aye, had the SHRICK powder coated and belt sanded when I had the engine build done. Looks well.

Thanks

Paul

Edited by Paular

I never rated the BMC to be honest, not much volume from it, well not when it's all coupled up with a cold air feed as it should be. Was the same when I had one on an r32, very little induction from it. Can't beat a good old fashioned ram air or piper cross foam cone (with a heat shield of course)

I bought 2 bmc's in the past second hand for between £65 & £85 no cold air feed, the 24 valve does not have as much induction roar standard so that's possibly why its not as loud after fitting a bmc

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Golf-Corrado-VR6-bmc-cda-Induction-Kit-filter-/121559382486?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c4d80f9d6

Edited by CALICO