12v & 24v stainless steel crack pipes

• 9 months later...

Are these worth buying ? I need one of these but has anyone else got one from the same place ?

i think you will find that Jonny is the Ebay seller and he has 100% feedback, i havent got one of his but i do have a version and its good, the OEM plastic ones just dont like being messed with and like snapping round the oil cooler connection.

s

i think you will find that Jonny is the Ebay seller and he has 100% feedback, i havent got one of his but i do have a version and its good, the OEM plastic ones just dont like being messed with and like snapping round the oil cooler connection.

s

Yeah I gathered he was the seller but I am very superstitious of buying parts from eBay, that is why I asked if anyone else has used them.

I notice everyone replaces the OEM but I am building a car for track use and wondering about heat transfer so really my question is do they hold any amount of heat that would cause anything to be bothered about also do the seals last the same with the metal getting hotter ?

I would buy one now if someone could provide me with a little info please

Edited by ky_uk

Yeah I gathered he was the seller but I am very superstitious of buying parts from eBay, that is why I asked if anyone else has used them.

I notice everyone replaces the OEM but I am building a car for track use and wondering about heat transfer so really my question is do they hold any amount of heat that would cause anything to be bothered about also do the seals last the same with the metal getting hotter ?

I would buy one now if someone could provide me with a little info please

If you check my build thread, ive used one myself.  Excellent quality and great fit.  I would think it would be better than the OE one as plastic can get brittle and crack overtime as for heat transfer i couldn't comment.   Likewise, it would be interesting to know!

Good question about the heat transfer. The main middle section has a wall thickness of 1.5mm and so would not store the heat for too long once left to cool. But I don't really know, if anyone has an idea of how I could test one compared to plastic one let me know and I'll try it.

Ssaunders is right about the plastic ones though, it's what got me to make the very first one. Once they're 'settled' in one position they don't like being disturbed.

ky_uk, I definitely agree with you about 'some' eBay parts, especially cheap items from a large stock. I'm a one man band making these in my spare time, I don't even have a business account. It's just something I made to help myself out once and now pass on for others.

On another note I have been out of the Vr6 game for a while (had another Corrado and x2 mk2's) but recently got a mk3 vr6 again (bit of a special one) that I plan to start restoring in the summer and I won't hesitate to fit one of my pipes to it.

Edited by jonny-5
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...