American v8 guy who is about to have an affair with the vr6

I was born and raised in a strickly hot roding family and i have built my car from ground up. iv gained some friends who are VW all the way and i was introduced too the vr6. Needless to say i have a passion for building engines and the more i reasearch i do the more im loving the vr6. but all my aquired knowledge on building v8's isnt much help in this area. Im dead set on building one from ground up and my first question is... Which block is the best start for a performance engine? block strength/ size/ combatability ECT... any info would be helpfull.

i havnt bought anything yet, i have spotted several diff ones for cheap, i wanna learn as much as possible before i spend the money. As soon as i get it i want to have a game plan for the build, then i will be tearing it completly down to bare block and start the build up. Planning on a very high boosted engine with water/methanol injection among other things so i can squeez as much power as possible. Building mainly for drag racing.

Well i have my 79 T/a, I was goin to build a chevy engine for it but my family has done that plenty of times so i decided to do somethen different i built the oldsmobile 403 that came with it. Its just a street build runs 12s in 1/4 but all thats left now is to paint it and thats not my favorite thing to do lol so i havnt got to it yet. But as a family we help build each others cars. My brother a 67 firebird with lt1, my step sister a 1980's stock 944 porsche, my other sister a 85 camaro with sbc 400, my step mom a 84 camaro with another sbc 400, a 1980 stock 928 porsche for my dad, and the family drag truck (AKA my DADS) a blown 477 ci chevy luv. Some of the cars have been wrecked years ago so im helping build my sister another 85 camaro ls1 swap this time. she is very attached to that year model lol

Very nice line up!Ive grown up around American cars and have had a few myself.Had a 1953 Buick Special straight 8,1982 Plymouth Gran Fury LAPD Police car with the 5.7 in,a horrible 72 Chevy Vega Kammback in kermit the frog green and a 71 Ford LTD Shooting Brake with he 351 Cleveland engine in.
They were all many moons ago and ive been into VW's after a little Jap fetish.
Im currently building a 3.0 vr6 Turbo build which is fully forged and is costing me a damn fortune to make it perform and look nice but it will beworth it.
However,im getting the itch for a v8 again so when this is finished it will be going and replaced with either a 60,70s  Chevy c10 or i have a bit of an itch for a 1968 Plymouth Fury III like my dad had(one of may American cars) that had the 383 commando engine in it and it was such a lovely sounding and performing car!
If your on Facebook feel free to hit me up,would love to have an American contact to help with parts and i can help you the same for any VR6 or Euro style parts you require as I have plenty :)

https://www.facebook.com/Gazforrest