Mk3 v6-slo motion higher line lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Didn't realise till now it can do this in 4th the pic got taken bit early too

Update on ecu The old golf ecu, car ran like before and it was sh1t I could hear the detonation from 2.5k upwards Plugged in the sharan ecu and it runs spot on like oe Nothing erratic Just waiting t

What I just got sent lol

Well first got the car in2011 drove it for few months an parked it up as had a civic aero deck Vti that I had bult engine on and had a 2003 Octavia VRS standard

Did intend to keep the golf parked up and slowly restore it

Not that it was in bad nick but get rid of small bits of rust etc

Since then I've moved stripped the civic sold the octavia got another civic ek4 vtis and rebuilt the b18 12.7-1 c/r type r head etc was good till a water pipe split so warped block and it got left stripped

I ran out of patience roving a standard vr so came the 24v

Evan now I can't believe the difference in the gain in torque

I like quick revving engines so got a 4.4kg flywheel from ttv racing a British firm

It made 229bhp 204tlbs torque with a cam sensor fault

I said to vince are you sure that's right lol

That's with more pinging than a normal tune

Then I had 3 cars bummed me, damage is not too bad but it's the knowing

Guess I will just have tomake if quicker and stop worrying about cosmetics now

Little history

Zak

Vr6 gearbox and standard mounts just a little spacer on the front mounting bracket , I was too stressed that week to take pics as did heater matrix at same time

Also I didn't have to trim the cooling fan bracket or anything els it bolted all back together same as before

Hell of a lot easyer than what I thought just took time as it was the first time I had worked on a mk3 golf

Next time it would be hell of a lot quicker

So far I've gained 30ft lbs torque for a week away from home lol as made all money back plus some selling old bits

I think it MIGHT but what you need to do first is see if the cam sensor phase wheel will fit on the 24v aue cam sprocket so if you can try that then I'm 99% sure it will work but I have not tried it.

Saying that if you hold out a few weeks I will have an answer as to how well it can run on obd2 vr6 12v management

I have a new phase wheel if you need to try it

depends what you want to do with the car mate

Doing it the way I've done its easyer if your no good with wiring etc and simplicity

If I was better with wiring and had more time and money I'd go for the later 24v engine which has vvt on both cams has coil on plug more advanced ecu wideband also if you swap the abs over (and other bits) from the mk4 you can have traction control and maybe launch control. Also I believe with a good exhaust manifold you can have nice gains throughout the Rev range specially turbo with vvt

I considered 3.2 but I wanted to keep the throttle cable not too keen on DBW throttle plus the aue is lot more simple

All the 24v 2.8 and 3.2 have the same cam profiles (iirc) and you can get similar torque with the 2.8 with the money you save on buying the engine

You can use the r32 head on the 2.8 block

And many have said th 2.8 is more reliable and think it's got the stronger block

My obd2 12v throttle fitted straight on but you need the shorter bolts from the 24v throttle body

You will also need to make a new bracket for the throttle cable, I'm not happy how I've done it with it being above the exhaust manifold heat shield and below the inlet plenum so can't evan adjust it with out taking inlet off

PS

Also I had a full wiring loom and ecu for the AUE but ecu was furked so gave the 12v ago

I don't think it would work well with OBD1 as the throttle body are totally different and have a different bolt patten, so you would need to modified the 24v manifold to fit OBD1 TB, (if OBD2 is a straight fit)

Also OBD1 use ISV, OBD2 12v and 24v don't use ISV.

12v OBD2 is much much closer to the early 24v, than OBD1.

my 2 cents anyway.

Done a good job on engine, got me thinking about a side project for another car I have ;)

I already have a spare OBD2 12v for it already, but it not fitted yet, so might change block and head to 24v :D

Edited by c00k

Yeah it's all controlled electronically by the throttle body and sensors, there's 2 ramps inside the OBD2 TB to help with idling aswell.

Also why you want to keep OBD2 TB nice and clean and not clogged up with oil and crap.

The two line on the top of the TB are water cooling line, not vacuum line like OBD1. I have removed them on my car as there not really needed.

No secondary air injection either.

Only vacuum need on OBD2 is for the brake servo.

Edited by c00k