Charlie's 5-door '97 Dragon Green VR6

Thought I would start a thread for my VR6 Golf. I am lucky enough to own a Corrado VRT as a weekend toy, so this is the daily. Have been a (smallish ) part of this forum for a few years now and have always been impressed with the standard of some people's cars. Have had this mk3 for 4 years, having had a auto 3-door Highline beforehand. I was Iucky enough to find this one available for sale just at the right time when I was looking for a good one, and the bonus was that this one had had a load of work already done to it including a set of 17s, Coilovers a Jetex stainless system and HIDs.

In my time, I have done a few things: LCR Brembos, Eibach roll bars, fully polybushed, removed a centre box from the system, fitted magnecore leads, drilled the Airbox (old Skool), fitted black Recaro front seats and changed the wheels. Recently, I fitted a Vento front end, got the wings and bonnet resprayed, fitted a set of KW V1s I have had a for a while, fitted one of Dave's short shift kits (have one on the Rado too), fitted solid cable change bushes, fitted a competition front mount and put H4 HIDs into the Vento lights. Finally, the car now has an Alcantara trimmed original wheel and gearknob which look and feel great.

I am now really pleased with the car as it is. Aside from regular servicing, it's never let me down or cost me much to keep running. With the Compomotive 1780s on (recently removed from the Corrado) I reckon it looks hard as nails too.

Next things are likely to be an engine rebuild, as I don't think the chains have been done, but as a stock engine (not even a remap), she goes, and importantly sounds, really well.

post-83932-0-71572100-1421630651_thumb.j

post-83932-0-39430500-1421630692_thumb.j

Looking good bud! which Jetex exhaust have you got? I have recently replaced my 2.25" Scorpion system for a Miltek decat and 2.5 inch Jetex system, and I was thinking about having the centre box deleted, as to my surprise, the Jetex is no where near as loud as the Scorpion system lol!

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎24‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 11:08 PM, chazrad said:

Sadly now up for sale. On ebay. Any interest let me know. 

Looks well, read all the blurb on this on Ebay this morning. Someone will be getting a very nice well sorted VR.... B)

You must have a good reason for selling, so with that said good luck with the sale. ;)