My 1989 tornado red mk2 golf vr6 :)

Hi all, 

Iv been a member for a while but have never really posted anything, so thought I would introduce myself and my car.

Im Jake and I drive a 1989 tornado red mk2 golf vr6.

Iv owned the car for 2 years now and absolutely love it, but as the new year is coming, so are a few changes, so all of your advice and opinions would be much appreciated.

The cars heart is a 2.8 vr6, standard engine with stainless exhaust, engine bay is in need of some attention as it is untidy, so the plans for the new year is to take the engine out and get the bay painted as well as cleaning and touching up the engine. 

The car is static ride on coilovers sitting on bbs rm 15" split rims, 8.5j at the front and 9j at the rear.

Unsure on what the intiror has been took out off but they are full leather recaros, these will be up for sale soon with all door cars as I have replacement interior to get re trimmed. So will be pictures to follow. 

I have just purchased a heckblend and some retro vinyl stipes for the side, once fitted i will upload some photos. 

Here is my pride and joy.

24B9BA47-D5B7-4D06-A83E-FF0B014C870D.png

15F0F16B-8460-4344-8E0A-64FCC978A254.png

I am trying to track down the following parts at the moment.

90 spec 3 door door cards with chrome trim.

Smooth scuttle panel.

Chrome door handle inserts.

And I am also looking for any recommendations on upholsterers in the Midlands area to get my seats and door cards (when I find some) to be trimmed.

Recently had a full paint correction from my mate at Detailed by dale taken out to sort out some swirls and faded areas, and I was over the moon with the results. The car came out looking like it just rolled out the paint shop. Fantastic workmanship and a top lad. If any of you are looking into this, I would highly recommend him, Detailed by dale is on facebook if any of you ever care to come across his page.

Here are some of the pictures when I picked her up.

image_zps185794f4.jpg

image_zps0c5cb7ef.jpg

B2285FD6-E3FC-48DA-B678-3D684313B2F5_zps

7545E58D-FDBC-4DFF-9C46-A54F0AAE94C6_zps

A860D1CC-1659-4F39-B4AB-13FE33F17E15_zps

FDF4A41F-C11B-47DD-B5AC-E4706FFED718_zps

1F6A1D1A-D6E3-42A7-8BEA-37C9B06D1344_zps

2F180AF4-DF0C-4C48-806D-813D74394334_zps

Thankyou for reading, Would appreciate peoples advice and opinions, going to get to some shows next year and hopefully get on a few clubs stands and meet some of you. :)

Thanks again

Jake

361DA2F5-7D86-4683-A09E-3428BB64EF03.png

Nice motor Jake. Welcome to VR6OC.

We're a friendly bunch of VR fanatics. Any question mate, just ask.

Thankyou mate. Looks like a fantastic forum and looking forward to great knowledge and tips along the way. Edited by SADLER

You'll enjoy it here pal. Plenty of club events coming up this year. Rolling road day coming up at the beginning of March.

Really looking forward to it, wouldn't mind coming along to the rolling road day. When shows come up, do you just put your name down to be on club stand or is it a case of getting picked?

Really looking forward to it, wouldn't mind coming along to the rolling road day. When shows come up, do you just put your name down to be on club stand or is it a case of getting picked?

Yes mate, just get your name down. Have a nosey in the meets and events section.

Ultimate dubs has already had the cars picked for the club stand but its very unlikely members are turned down for places on the stands unless it's limited numbers. The club will always book bigger stands if there's more interest.

If you want to come to the rolling road day get your name down in meets and events and I'll add you to the list.

It's hopefully gonna be the 1st of March which is a Sunday. It will be booked early in the new year pal.

Yes mate, just get your name down. Have a nosey in the meets and events section.

Ultimate dubs has already had the cars picked for the club stand but its very unlikely members are turned down for places on the stands unless it's limited numbers. The club will always book bigger stands if there's more interest.

If you want to come to the rolling road day get your name down in meets and events and I'll add you to the list.

It's hopefully gonna be the 1st of March which is a Sunday. It will be booked early in the new year pal.

e

That's brilliant, will have a good look thought and see what places are left for future shows.

I will have to get my name down, not sure if my car would actually get on the rolling road but would love to come and watch. Thanks for been so helpful, really good of you.

e

That's brilliant, will have a good look thought and see what places are left for future shows.

I will have to get my name down, not sure if my car would actually get on the rolling road but would love to come and watch. Thanks for been so helpful, really good of you.

No worries mate. Most events for 2015 haven't been organised yet so you've plenty of time to decide which shows you'd like to attend.

You don't have to get your car on the rollers at the RR day pal. It's all about representing the club and having a Laff with the members.

The more the merrier pal.

No worries mate. Most events for 2015 haven't been organised yet so you've plenty of time to decide which shows you'd like to attend.

You don't have to get your car on the rollers at the RR day pal. It's all about representing the club and having a Laff with the members.

The more the merrier pal.

That's good new, will have a look at them and get my name down hopefully. I think I will pop along to that then, would be good to see other members cars and get to meet some of you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Our kid had a a D reg mk2 8v in tornado red well still got it both of us been saying we going to get it back on the road one day for the last 15 years lol

Love your car it's mint

Get it back on the road dude, nothing better in the summer than plodding around in the mk2. Thanks bud, just nipped up my garage to let her run for abit and drop some parts off up there :)

• 1 month later...